Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, July 31, 2009

Haiku Friday-Color Carnival-Window Views

Make Time for Small Reflections
Mimi's in Long Beach
familiar restaurant with
nifty windows and

colorful flowers ...
perfect for multi-tasking!
I'm headed downtown

with friends in an hour.
Friday Farmer's Market and
Craft Fair there today.



First mosaic straight
out of camera ... the next
with 'Poster Edges'


Click images to embiggen to see better
and for others participating
in Window Views,
Color Carnival and Haiku Friday
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

13 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Very clever the way you have combined 3 memes into this colorful post!

I'm quite familiar with Mimi's in Long Beach too. I wonder if we've ever been there at the same time? Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Martha said...

Great shots and great combo - only problem is I can't use collages for featured photos. If you'd like you can email me your most colorful shot to post in the featured photos next week - and don't forget to leave me a comment at the Color Carnival to give me permission to use it :-)

Martha said...

Great shots, I love windows and door!

Have a good weekend!

flowerweaver said...

Lovely, colorful flowers!

BTW My mom is crazy about giraffes, too and I was in Taos only the day before yesterday.

Jama said...

What a lovely little place there!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wonderful pictures, thank you!!

Gattina said...

Nice collages contains everything and is very colorful !

maryt/theteach said...

How colorful are yoour collages, storyteller! I must say! Very nice! have a nice weekend! :)

Linda :) said...

Very Nice!!! We have a Mimi's Cafe but have never been.... Have a great weekend!

Hey Harriet said...

These are gorgeous! What a collection of super shots. I'm impressed that you were able to capture so many images perfect for those three memes! How creative!

Kranky Granny said...

Great collages, but I do like the first one best.

This is certainly a place I would chose to visit.

Happy color hunting everyone.

Ebie said...

Both of them are just beautiful, a variety of colorful blooms. I am late but I posted mine here

sunnymama said...

So colourful :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails