Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, October 12, 2009

Ruby Tuesday

Make Time for Small Reflections
Mosaic Monday is in the next post

Found outside a shop
in Lake Arrowhead last week ...
I just had to share ;--)

Original

Poster Edges

Solarize

Glowing Edges

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in Ruby Tuesday

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"A proverb is a short sentence based on long experience." Miguel de Cervantes

22 comments:

eileeninmd said...

What a great sighting, I love the toy soldier and so fitting for Ruby Tuesday.

Suburban Girl said...

Glowing edges is a very cool effect and perfect for the soldier!

DrillerAA09 said...

Great photo. Love the Glowing Edges treatment. Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Jim said...

Hi S.T, this is a pretty Smiley Faced nutcracker. I think he ought to go to Alaska. We had some post cards mailed from the town of North Pole, he would go good up there. Or in your house, huh?
Happy RT!! :-)
..

Carletta said...

That would look so good standing on the porch by my front door come Christmastime!
I love it!
Great find!

George said...

What a wonderful find for Ruby Tuesday.

Ralph said...

He looks like he may come alive along with sugar plums and dancing mice. 'Tis the season for the Nutcracker, almost.

The Glowing Edges view is great, it looks like an ink drawing, and so artistic!

Patti said...

Like my hubby I immediately thought of Christmas on the way!

Neat Nutcracker capture, Storyteller. He looks life-sized ~ or almost.

Happy Ruby Tuesday and thanks for visiting my humble blog!

Unknown said...

The tree that soldier decorates at Christmas must be huge. ;-)

Leora said...

Glowing edges was a fun version of your already fun photo. Ah, you are reminding me of when I took my daughter to see the Nutcracker! She used to watch that ballet for hours and hours.

Margaret Gosden said...

Oh, those toy soldiers, do they play with those now, I wonder! Great for Ruby Tuesday.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh I love nutcrackers... What a neat one!!! Perfect for Ruby Tuesday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your fun games with this shot.

marian said...

amazing effects..each is special in it's own right :)

Hootin Anni said...

It's a great set of effects. But I like the original best.

And by the way, I still do MEMES...just not on Mondays. Monday is my special day of posting thoughts and my previous week, or whatever comes to mind that day.




My R T is posted. Scroll down below my Tuesday's Heads or Tails...it's eerie. Also, there is a new trick or treat treat for you on my sidebar if you'd like to grab and run with it!! CLICK HERE

Robin said...

The glowing edges one reminds me of the Lite Brite set I had as a kid :).

Chubskulit Rose said...

You did great with the alteration of the photo!


Please take a peek on my first Ruby Tuesday entry. Seeyah!

Stephanie V said...

Oh, no, not Christmas already. He's a great nutcracker, though. Good RT find!

Akelamalu said...

Just waiting for you to take his photo for Ruby Tuesday! :)

Anonymous said...

I was just at that shop in Arrowhead in June! I love the poster edges for this one great job!

Ellie said...

Reminds me of the Nutcracker ballet - only this one is too happy :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a cute, smart little shop guardian!

Related Posts with Thumbnails