Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ruby Red Rose Bud

Make Time for Small Reflections
Mosaic Monday is in the next post

A lovely rose bud
in my neighbor's yard ... Next week
I'll share it opened



(Original is above)




Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in Ruby Tuesday

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed." Napoleon Hill

27 comments:

Diane AZ said...

Lovely rose bud image. I like the reflections in the windows and the poster edges effect.

Leora said...

Love the red rose on blue.

maryt/theteach said...

I LOVE the photo-editing you did, storyteller!! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

DrillerAA09 said...

Very nicely done. Have a great Ruby Tuesday.

Marites said...

pretty rose bud:) I like the 3rd pic, it's cool! happy RT!

eileeninmd said...

Love the red rose, my son just gave some roses to his girl for their one year anniversay. They have been dating for one year.

Martha said...

A simple red rose, so beautiful!

Happy Tuesday (well not quite yet, but I am trying to stay ahead of things this week!)

My RT

Marice said...

wow a red rose..rose is really perfect for red!
u may view mine if u have time

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely red rose and I love the Napoleon Hill quote.

Jama said...

Lovely rose! I just love them.

B : ) said...

Oh no! We both chose roses this week! Ah well, everything for a reason right? B : )

Ralph said...

A red rose is artistic by itself. The art of the singular ruby flower impresses as a slight red overpowers all the green in a disproportionate way. The posterized view is my favorite, making a wonderful view on canvas. Beauties all!

Dianne said...

I love the poster edges :)

Rose said...

I really like it with Poster edges!

moosh said...

I love the Napolean Hill quote. So true. A beautiful red rose perfect fot Ruby Tuesday. HRT

Inday said...

A deep red rose is truly something special. A flower symbolizes love. And I think its significance is far too obvious because the thorn of the rose represents some upheavals, trials and pain associated with love.

My maiden entry to Ruby Tuesday

pinkyshelo said...

so pretty.. the edited are pretty too but nothing beats the original..

Hootin Anni said...

You just can't beat a red rose for perfection!!!!

My Ruby Tuesday is big huge LIPS this morning...come by if you can?

Click HERE

DoanLegacy said...

Beautiful photo of the rose bud, and wonderful images..

Amanda Moore said...

Lovely rose it looks so velvety I like the paint daubs best.

Sara Chapman said...

At the size shown, the top two look identical to me. Don't you just love red roses?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, Think I've caught up with your blog posts. Love the single rose one. It looks just like one (Veteran's Honor) which is in our yard now..

Congrats on your blogaversary. Your mosaics are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.


Hugs
Betsy--who is thrilled to be home!

Raven said...

Lovely in all three versions.

Robin said...

Simple and elegant.

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the single rose with a pretty frame of the garden surrounding it :)

Susan Cook said...

Beautiful red rose. Closed or open they are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

MyMaracas said...

Lovely red rose. It's nice that you still have them where you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails