It was my dad's 38th birthday ... a little more than 4 years before I was born in February of 1945. He never wanted to celebrate his birthday from that day forth, and I didn't understand his pain until I was older.
Today would have been Dad's 105th ... the age HIS father was when Grandpa passed on ... but work-related cancer took my father at the age of 72 when I was just 30, so I haven't had him around the last 33 years to listen to his stories ... search through coins with him for his collection ... or talk 'baseball' with.
I've shared more in 'Memories of Dad' at Happily Retired Gal this morning. If your dad is still in your life ... I hope you'll take a moment to give him a big hug & tell him how much you love him ... just because.
Your baby girl
What comes to YOUR mind?
If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)
I say ... and you think ... ?
- Love affair :: Cary Grant & Deborah Kerr in 'An Affair to Remember'
- Bubble :: John Travolta ... the 'Boy in the Bubble'
- Pimple :: teenagers & acne
- Knocks :: Opportunity
- Persistent :: long lasting
- Infected :: immunity
- Yay! :: we may get some more (much needed) rain today in Southern California ... finally
- Repaint :: something I need to do to my exterior staircase
- Daily :: Show with Jon Stewart
- Quickly! :: responding to these prompts each Sunday
- Love affair ::
- Bubble ::
- Pimple ::
- Knocks ::
- Persistent ::
- Infected ::
- Yay! ::
- Repaint ::
- Daily ::
- Quickly! ::
"Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes."