Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fabulous Blog Award

Joyce at Mom's Musings received this lovely award from Linda of Remote Treechanger a new blogging friend from Victoria, Australia and named me a recipient of The Fabulous Award too. Thank you Joyce!!!


Here are the rules for the The ‘Fabulous’ Award
1. Pass it on to 5 fabulous blogs.
2. List your 5 fabulous addictions.
3. Make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.


My five ‘fabulous addictions’:
1. Reading for pleasure and writing in my journal... (there's nothing quite like getting lost in a good book or capturing my own thoughts & memories on the page, especially when sitting by the fire on a rainy day). 4:25 am Addendum: It's raining gently & steadily Monday morning... (finally) ... after starting Sunday evening around 8:45 as I turned off my computer. A few minutes ago, I donned my jacket & opened the French Door to let Ms. Kitty eat her breakfast inside the living room (with Molly in the kitchen behind the gate so the cat would feel safe) as I wrote in my journal sipping coffee from a new Christmas mug ... a great beginning to the week!

2. Sipping coffee made from freshly ground beans laced with half & half while I check my blogs ...(Yup, I have 4 of them currently so color me cRaZy)... and create new pieces to publish.

3. Exploring the Blogosphere ... reading & responding to what others post and to comments friends & visitors leave for me.

4. Playing with Molly and going for long walks together along the beach.

5. Living my 'happily retired' life at the beach ... gardening ... taking photographs ... creating collages and slide shows with Photoshop Elements ... meeting friends for lunch or coffee ... taking classes to learn new things.


Joyce knows what a 'rule-breaker' I am and how challenging it is for me to 'tag' others. Since it's almost 6:30pm and there's no telling when my laptop is going to crash again (for the umpteenth time), I bequeath this Fabulous Blog Award to everyone I visit frequently because you and your blogs are fabulous ... that's why I stop by as often as possible.

Hot Update from the North Pole
" Mrs. Claus has informed NORAD that Santa's 'Naughty or Nice' list includes a record 1.9 billion children under the age of 15 this year. This list grows continually, as children are born at the rate of approximately 340,000 per day." Check the world's current populations at http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/popclockworld.html
Small Reflections, Smile Back
You'll find lots of 'fun holiday stuph' in the posts below
and a friendship award up for grabs too.
See sidebar links ;--)

Thought for Today
"Yes'm, old friends is always best, 'less you can catch a new one that's fit to make an old one out of." Sarah Orne Jewett
Thanks for reading me in your feeds.
I hope you'll drop by to leave a comment too ;--)

10 comments:

Sandee said...

Oh I'm so going to do this one. Thanks. I'll do a post tomorrow. I'm tired and it's time to say goodnight. Goodnight.

Have a terrific rest of your day. Big hug. :)

Joyce said...

Hi, Virginia,

I'm excited that you accepted this award and posted your Five Fabulous Addictions!

Your beaches are lovely; I'm thankful you have the opportunity to enjoy them with fur-friend Molly. Our beaches are pebbly; there's just nothing like a CA beach.

Once again, I LOVE the quote; it's so funny, and so true.

Hope you have a great week. >:)<

Ari_1965 said...

Half and half, gotta have it.

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful award for you dear storyteller! It's perfect for you and I will grab it and run with it....you're so sweet to give this out to all. That is generosity at its finest.

I would so love to be able to walk the shoreline with you and Molly! Each and every morning. :::sigh::: what a fabulous way to start the day...or if at sunset, a great way to end a hectic day, walking on the beach.

Thanks for adding the announcement for the blog giveaway. Much appreciated. And good luck too.

Roan said...

This is a fun one...I may have to do this one when I can find some time. Loved your answers.

Ivanhoe said...

Good Morning:
Speaking of awards, there is one waiting for you at my place :o)
Have a wonderful day, Storyteller!

Akelamalu said...

I like a coffee with a splash of brandy in it, but not if I have to drive or work of course!

Congrats on the award - your blog is fabulous!

Karen said...

As far as addictions go, I'd say that these ARE pretty darn fabulous! (Non-harmful and very outgoing!) You deserve it, storyteller!

Carole Burant said...

Congratulations on receiving the well deserved award:-) I so enjoyed reading your 5 fabulous addictions...that's what I call addictions that are healthy for you! hehe xoxo

Betty said...

Congratulations on another great award. You are most deserving of this award as your blog is always fabulous. I always enjoy visiting you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails