Here are the rules for the Christmas award.
You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas. You must link back to the person who gave you the award. You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space! Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going! Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment.
2. Remembering the reason for the season ... celebrating the birth of the Christ child ... reading the New Testament accounts in the Bible and reflecting on the life & teachings of Jesus ... considering how these lessons can inform my decisions and actions in the coming year.
3. Creating original cards to send to friends & family with personal notes ... reconnecting by telephone with those too far away to visit face to face .
4. Gathering with family & friends in festive dinners, parties, and events ... catching up with those I've not seen for a while and enjoying interactions with all & savoring delightful holiday foods like pumpkin pie & mince meat tarts, sugar cookies, egg nog, turkey with dressing & cranberries, sweet potatoes, and other tasty dishes.
5. Watching holiday films & television specials (both old and new) that remind me of Christmas past ... with loved ones who have passed on & no longer walk the earth with us.
6. Attending Choral Programs and Candlelight Services at church.
7. Viewing holiday lights & displays around the neighborhoods ... shipboard cruises of lights in Huntington Harbour and Newport ... listening to carolers sing outside (remembering how I used to BE one of those who went caroling each year & realizing what a wonderful gift such musical encounters can be for everyone).
8. Reading by the fireplace and watching the rain fall as I read holiday stories.
9. Sharing Christmas things on my blogs and seeing what others share on theirs. Keeping a gratitude list in my sidebar by adding one thing each day. Receiving and sharing awards like this one with others ... therefore I bequeath this Christmas Spirit Award to all who believe in and exhibit the Spirit of Christmas in this virtual world and the real one too. Please leave me a comment and a link to your blog so I can visit to read YOUR list when you share.
Hot Update from the North Pole
Click for more awards to snag, enjoy, & share
The Lemonade Award
Fabulous Blog Award
Blog L♥ve Award
"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!" Hamilton Wright Mabie
I hope you'll drop by to leave a comment too ;--)