Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, September 28, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Reds in Alaska

Make Time for Small Reflections

Once again I share
photographs from my sister ...
Modified by Me ;--)


I don't know how they
manage sharing this small space
but somehow they do



Ketchikan, Alaska

Cape Fox Hill Lodge Funicular


Canney Creek Bridge


Cannery Creek

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Ruby Tuesday
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"The joy of learning is as indispensable in study as breathing is in running." Simone Weil

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet the red cheers everyone in winter when the nights are dark so long!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great Ruby Tuesday post.... I love seeing the Alaska photos... One of these days, I hope to get there!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

life's journey said...

You always have a pretty Ruby Tuesday shots.

Carletta said...

Alaska has always been on my bucket list and these pics tell me it should remain there. :) I may have said that before on one of your other Alaska posts.
I love that red bridge.
Lovely rubies!

Carletta’s Captures.

marian said...

love the RED pics!..what a gorgeous place!

Hootin Anni said...

Now this bridge is gorgeous. One I wouldn't mind driving over. LOL

MY R. T. is now posted...scroll down from my Tuesday's Heads or Tails post....
HERE

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A rusting red bridge
spans Cannery Creek—cross it
for an adventure!


My Ruby Tuesday

maryt/theteach said...

storyteller, it's small but they get to visit so many different places with a little bit of RED! LOL! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that Funicular is amazing, I have been in one in Pennsylvania many years ago but it was larger. This one looks very steep, it must have been a great ride for them!
Happy RT great reds every one!

Auntie E said...

Nice Hubby and I want to visit there some day soon. Happy RT

Stephanie V said...

Nice red collection. Ketchikan has some interesting scenery in that old part of town. Well worth the visit.

Jim said...

A very nice post again about Ketchikan. It is perfect for RT.
We did two of the three here, not the Funicular. Keep it up. Or move to the next town if you'd like.
I used to have as profile picture me standing by an old pickup in the Yukon (up via RT into the Yukon Territory).
Happy Ruby Tuesday! :-)
..

MaR said...

Never been to Alaska, enjoyed the pictures :)
Happy RT!

Sandy "From the Heart of Texas" said...

Lots of lovely and interesting Ruby Tuesday subjects! Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful photos!

Sandy "From the Heart of Texas" said...

Lots of lovely and interesting Ruby Tuesday subjects! Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful photos!

Ralph said...

The tram and bridge are nice in red. But the red building on the dock is so right, so natural in red. Seafaring villages, West or East coasts, are proper in barn red. The last frontier, indeed!

George said...

I really like these Alaska reds. Thanks for a nice Ruby Tuesday.

Gattina said...

What a nice collection of pictures, just with the right red spot !

Susan Cook said...

Great shots for RT. I'd love to go to Alaska someday.

Robin said...

I love that cute little funicular!

I really need to get to Alaska someday...

JunieRose2005 said...

Oh, my!! These are very beautiful!


Junie

Related Posts with Thumbnails