Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, September 14, 2009

What an UPSET at the US Open in New York!

Make Time for Small Reflections
[MellowYellowBadge.jpg]

Yes, I know I'm late
with my Monday post, but it's
been a BUSY day.

Power Point Class this
morning and this afternoon,
two tennis matches!

First women's doubles
where the Williams sisters won
their match easily

then the men's final ...
Juan Martin Del Potro and
Roger Federer

battled for five sets
with momentum swinging from
player to player

as unusual
things occurred ... at first it seemed
Roger would prevail

but the young 6th seed
lucked out on a late challenge
ending with a win!

I confess I am
feeling just a wee bit blue
about this upset ;--(


Photos collaged with images from the official US Open Photo Gallery
Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Blue Monday
Mellow Yellow Monday
Ruby Tuesday

Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Alas, they didn't wear red, yellow, or blue
but they do have big smiles ;--)



Thought for Today
"If you surrender to the wind you can ride it." Toni Morrison

19 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Sorry that you're feeling blue. Happy Blue Monday.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hello---I know how you feel. My football teams both lost this weekend (UT Vols and Tenn. Titans)..

I didn't see the tennis matches --but was disgusted at the way Serena acted... GADS!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

amanda said...

Wow you were at today's match? how neat, I love all the shots but the one of the girls together is my fave.....

Carletta said...

Can you believe this Open!
I was stunned.
Love your front row seat collage as always! ;) You are so clever.

RA said...

Hope you aren't upset anymore. It still is a wonderful mosaic :). The William sisters do have big smiles on their faces. Hope we'll also have many beautiful moments to smile through the week.

Jim said...

We here in Houston watched those Williams sisters grow up. We are proud of them even if one did decide to fly off (she was right).

I like your poem. We have nice tennis courts here but with three golf courses we'd rather do that. Mrs. Jim plays 2-3 times a week.

Happy RT! I have an old car, a 1950 RED Mercury convertible in my conglomerate for today on Jim's Little Blog.
..
Oh yes, we also claim Patrick Swayze. He attended the college where I taught before dropping out for NYC. http://www.chron.com/
..

George said...

This year's Open certainly was not boring. I must admit I like seeing an underdog win once in a while, but I do like the collage you made while you were 'blue' over the men's final.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog...and the dogs are adorable!
Suz

Raven said...

Should have known there'd be tennis shots with some red even with the blues.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the two sisters again.

Janie said...

It was an interesting Open. I was a little disappointed that Federer lost.

ellen b. said...

Wow...these are great shots from an exciting event!! Happy Ruby to you...

Ralph said...

Red is a fine choice for tennis. And like last week, the old fashioned white needs to go, red tennis uniforms (any amount and any shade) make the serve fast and the return much faster...well, i think so anyway!

Sara Chapman said...

Love those smiles!

Ellie said...

Smile is always good!

Susan Cook said...

Great shots. I love the new tennis player Melanie Oudin.

Thanks for sharing your pics. Happy MYM!

Carolyn Ford said...

Great competition and big surprise! Your gorgeous mosaic will make you and all of us feel much better!

Linnea said...

Oh...those guys are gorgeous!

DeniseinVA said...

A wonderful display of photographs. Hope you feel better soon :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails