Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, September 7, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - US Open TENNIS in New York

Make Time for Small Reflections
Mosaic Monday, Pet Pride, & Camera Critters
are in the NEXT post ... Ms Kitty's Favorite Hang Out.

I confess ... I'm a huge tennis fan
grateful for television coverage my my DVR!
How about the 17 year old Melanie Oudin making it into the Quarter Finals ... defeating Elena Dementieva, Maria Sharapova, and Nadia Petrovia to get there? She's quite something but since she's not wearing RED to play, I've shared Kim Clijsters (who's coming back from retirement to get married and have a baby 18 months ago ... managed to 'take out' Venus Williams in the round of 16 yesterday) and Roger Federer who ARE wearing red. Leyton Hewitt's there too with a touch of red on his racket ... just because.

It's hard to believe none of the American men made it to the Quarter Finals ... first time EVER in the history of the tournament! Of course it's equally hard to believe NONE of the Russian women made it to the Quarters either. Strange turn of events.


Straight from the US Open
Official Website Photo Gallery


Poster Edges


Accented Edges

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in Ruby Tuesday

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"Tennis is an addiction that once it has truly hooked a man will not let him go." Russell Lynes

29 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hey There, I like tennis also---and have watched it off and on all of my life. I'm old enough to remember Chris Everett and Jimmy Conners.

I'm impressed with that young gal, Melanie Oudin.. Wow!!!!

Have a great day tomorrow.
Hugs,
Betsy

RA said...

I agree to Betsy, that is an impressive achievement. Great Rubies, too! Have a wonderful week :)

Leora said...

You didn't actually go to the US Open, did you? My husband is a tennis fan; he keeps me informed of who is who and what is when.

Fun post!

Patti said...

Interesting take you have on these photos. My favorite is the posterizing effect you used.

Sorry, not a tennis fan.
Thanks for visiting me this morning.

Happy Ruby Tuesday!

life's journey said...

I like tennis too and I watch it once in a while...Happy RT! Mine is up too.

Heidi said...

Great photo editing. And what a great ruby color!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Ellie said...

I like it how they dress colorful now - not the boring white - although white does good job when sun is involved :)

Becky said...

I'm really not into Tennis, but there can't be that many of us out there. Everyone it seems is watching that terrific young gal, and I do hope she does well.
Love the bright colors.
Have a great day.
B.

Stephanie V said...

I'm glad you're cheering them on...that red is eye-catching.

Miranda said...

Nice ruby mosaic! I love fiddling with the different styles too.

Dianne said...

I was just about to say how I couldn't believe you were in NY and didn't tell me!! but then I read all the words LOL

I have to remember to do that

great effects

DrillerAA09 said...

Great looking photo sets. Really nicely done.

Becca said...

Fun pictures! I heard about that Melanie girl on the news this morning (I don't pay much attention to sports) but I would love to see her play now. Have a great day!

Mamí♥Picture said...

☼¨`*•.♥Awesome shots!♥.•*¨`☼
Thanks for sharing!
Have a Lovely♥Day!
To view my Ruby Tuesday you can visit my kiddos blog @
http://www.365daysofourlife.com
See ya!☺!

Ralph said...

The red shirts are colorful at these most proper events. We see so much white on the courts it is almost blinding. So the subtle ruby players are a treat for the eyes...

Felisol said...

When I have a time surplus, I love to watch a good tennis match on TV, preferably the Wimbledon Tournament.
I still enjoy the memories of Bjorn Borg playing in the good ol' days.

You have really made some rare and good photo art work in your three mosaics.
The one in the middle(poster edges)ingeniously reveals the body and muscle work of a tennis player.
No sport for delicate misses.
From Felisol

Carletta said...

More great tennis shots and they look as if you were there - wouldn't that be terrific!
It's been an interesting Open!

Pamela K H said...

I'm watching the US Open also. It's been very exciting with all of the upsets. Especially Melanie Oudin. Very nice collage. Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you enjoyed my Red Hat Entry for RT.
Hugs to you also!

Robin said...

I admit I don't really follow tennis but it certainly makes for great sports photography.

nonizamboni said...

Great photo collages! I volunteer with another hard core pro tennis fan and its always fun to hear about her viewing weekend.

marian said...

love the red tops..much nicer than icky pastels!

Jim said...

Hi S.T, this was a neat subject for RT. Happy RT.
I think it was Kim who took out all of the Russian women. I don't follow close enough to know about the men and their sad tales.
..

Susan Cook said...

Those are great! You are so creative!

Thanks for sharing these.

Karen said...

I know you're having fun--enjoy!!

DeniseinVA said...

Always love these amazing collages of yours. And Miss Kitty below here, and Aloha and Molly. Always a pleasure to visit and see what you're sharing with us out here. You've got a great blog. Thank you for continually putting that smile on my face :)

Martha said...

Great mosaics. I did not watch this year. Funny seeing so much color when back in the day it was 'tennis whites'

MyMaracas said...

Action-packed and colorful shots. I like the mosaic effect too.

Bonnie said...

I love your tennis collages. I am a huge tennis fan and play at least 3 times a week. I was in a tournament this weekend but there was a lot rain for us as well as at the US Open.

And thanks for commenting on my mosaic!

Gattina said...

What a nice Ruby Red ! Kim's outfit, lol ! The whole country is so proud of her ! I rarely watch Tennis but of course this time I had to watch ! I think she is coming back today to Belgium that will be a big feast at the airport in Brussels ! She is such a nice and sympathic girl ! The success didn't change her character at all and she still lives in her little flemish hometown where she was born !

Related Posts with Thumbnails