Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, September 21, 2009

Red Rose and Yellow Sunflower

Make Time for Small Reflections


In my neighbor's yard
grow these lovely blossoms that
I have photographed


Click to embiggen for better viewing

New to my yard ... these
potted blossoms came my way
when somebody moved

leaving them behind.
Yes, that is my bare foot print
on my patio

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Today's Flowers
Mellow Yellow Monday
Ruby Tuesday

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"Where all men think alike, no one thinks too much."
Walter Lippman

21 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Sunflower and rose—
neighbors in backyard garden,
nodding in the sun.

My Mellow Yellow

Jama said...

I don't have any plants at my highrise apartment, so I'm always looking at my neighbour's potted plants at the corridor!

Carletta said...

I love the two juxtaposed beside each other in both photos!

Ralph said...

The red and the yellow really stand out in hat sea of green. The planters are a nice accessory, allowing you to change the character of the whole scene just by simply relocating them. Nice!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Love the picture of the sunflower and the rose... Neat!!!!! AND--you were lucky to get those two new plants in the pots. Can't wait to see them after they grow up!!!!!

Hope you are doing fine. We've had 7 days of rain.
Hugs,
Betsy

Carolyn Ford said...

That is a very appealing photo. The two flowers are so striking in that garden. I love the editing...I want to keep gazing at them.

Anonymous said...

Red and yellow flowers side by side makes the perfect color combination :)

LadyFi said...

Love the bright splashes of colour the plants make... and that footprint is so delicate!

Pamela K H said...

I'm glad you gave the potted flowers a new home. I can see how happy they are. The neighbors garden is beautiful too. Isn't it wonderful to be surrounded by such beauty.
Thanks for the visit. Glad you liked my Yellow Mushrooms in the Garden.
Hugs and blessing to you also.

marian said...

i LOVE your potted blossoms..they're so CHEERY!!

EG CameraGirl said...

Growing flowers in pots is a great way to have a garden no matter where you live.

Hootin Anni said...

That photo on the top with the lone red flower looks like it's almost artificial it's so perfect!!! Wow!!

My RT is posted, I do hope you can find some time to visit---------

Anonymous said...

Is that a sunflower? They are one of my favourite flowers. Love the richness of the red and yellow blooms...someone put a pot of pale yellow chrysanthemums on our step but they don't look anywhere as good!
Lovely RT pictures....mine's up too.
Bella :)

Linnea said...

Great color contrast. I swear...it looks like those two flowers are talking to each other!!

Stephanie V said...

Very fresh color contrasts with the dark earth in the pots. And your quotes are as interesting as your photos. Thanks for the visit yesterday.

Robin said...

Beautiful flowers but what I really love is the footprint - a subtle yet compelling reminder of humanity in the midst of development.

DeniseinVA said...

You took some beautiful photos of your neighbor's yard. I'm sure she loved those photos just as I did. Thanks for sharing them with Today's Flowers.

Tumblewords: said...

How very gorgeous! My stuff is all brown in honor of summer's end. Bwah. I get my floral kicks from here... Lovely!

Regina said...

Such a lovely blooms!
Happy RT.
Mine is also a double post.

prashant said...

Love the bright splashes of colour the plants make... and that footprint is so delicate!

How to make a website

Karen said...

Is that footprint the closest we've coming to seeing YOU in your blog?! LOL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails