Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #25 - 13 Circular Images


13 Circular Images

I found these cool circular images at Flickzzz while back while thinking about the 3rd One Single Impression prompt but didn't use them at that time. On this Wednesday evening as I considered possible topics for a T-13 ... knowing I'll be rushing out of the house early for my Photoshop Elements class in the morning, my mind was spinning in circles and I remembered these photos. I hope you find them as intriguing as I did. Enjoy!






As I did last Thursday, I've posted this early so as to free up time for other things in the morning ... and I'll be doing my T-13 visits in the afternoon when I return home after class. In case you missed hem, I've shared examples of what we've learned in my two Haiku Friday posts last week (Volume 39 and Volume 40) ... along with Wednesday's Almost Wordless Photo Fun post this week.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Get the Thursday Thirteeen code here!

For easy access, I’ve listed more T-13 links along with the
Thursday Thirteen Blogroll to the bottom of my sidebar.

Thought for Today
"Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." Albert Einstein

22 comments:

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your class. Happy TT.

Sheena said...

Beautiful photographs. I heart the collage. Thank you for sharing a quote, wisdom. :)

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Lovely photos! Enjoy your class...Happy TT!

Grandy said...

Great job on the photos. I'm impressed!! :)

anthonynorth said...

There's something deeply mystical about such shapes. Representative of the mandala - the mystical route into the inner mind.

SandyCarlson said...

Those are marvelous. I hope your class goes well. God bless, Storyteller.

Hootin Anni said...

I really LOVE the 2nd photo down.

Unknown said...

Very kewl list. Fabulous photos. Happy T13!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Beautiful and amazing
Great T13

My Little Drummer boys

storyteller said...

Pussreboots – I’m sure I will … thanks!

Sheen – My mind reeled when I found these images initially, and I felt similarly when I rediscovered them last night. I used Picasa to create the collage myself but methinks the new version of Photoshop will allow me to ‘collage’ photos too … once I buy it. Collecting quotes is another of my ‘things’ … thought I forgot to include that bit of information in my Fun Monday post.

Mariposa – Thanks and Happy T-13 to you! Hope you’re feeling better ;--)

Grandy – I’m so delighted with everything I’m learning about manipulating photos, but I’m falling father behind on my blog visiting all the time. I don’t even open Google Reader some days … and that compounds the problem, but hopefully things will calm down soon.

Anthony – Amen to that. Each of these images feel breathtaking and it’s easy to get ‘lost’ examining them isn’t it?

SandyCarlson – I think the reason I didn’t use one for the ‘circle’ OSI prompt was that I couldn’t make a decision about which to use … and using them all seemed overwhelming somehow. Thanks …

Hootin’ Anni – I suspect everyone may have a favorite (or three). I love each for different reasons ;--)

Adelle and Baby~amore - Thanks and happy T13 to both of you too!

How fun to find your comments this morning when I logged on just now … enjoying my first cup of coffee. I’d love to visit you all right now, but know better because I need to get showered & dressed soon if I don’t want to be late to class. I’ll drop by later on this afternoon or during the next few days for sure. I hope you all have a delightful day and I’m sure I’ll have more ‘photo stuph’ to share when I return.
Hugs and blessings,

My Busy Life said...

Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing them. I am up too.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

You ARE running in circles! That's not always a bad thing -- we get to wind up where we started, only hopefully we've learned something along the way.

Hope Photoshop class rocked today.

Momisodes said...

Breathtaking photos! Some of those are truly amazing :) I hope you have a great class!

Susan Demeter said...

Wow! These are all such lovely photos :) The collage is awesome! Happy TT :)

storyteller said...

Mocha Mom – Thanks! I tried to access your T-13 but wasn’t able to check out all the ‘goodies’ there, probably because of my overloaded laptop with minimal memory.

Susan – I thought you’d get a chuckle out of the ‘circle’ reference. Amen to learning along the way. The class was WONDERFUL … so nifty I stopped on the way home to buy the newer version. Now I need to free up computer space to load it … maybe tomorrow? I’m too exhausted tonight.

Akelamalu – Thanks. I’m glad you enjoyed them.

Sandy – Class was great, but I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to share right away. I’ll see how things go tomorrow.

Sue – I felt grateful to find them and it’s fun to give them ‘exposure’ so others can enjoy them too.

I appreciate each of you visiting today while I was away from home. Hope you had a delightful day too!
Hugs and blessings,

Betty said...

Unusual and beautiful photos. I enjoyed them.

Karen said...

These are gorgeous pics--I feel drawn to circular shapes--they feel very feminine to me.

NicciN said...

These are so cool. I love the last one!

Robin said...

What gorgeous images. My favorites are the ones with the circles laid out in the water, but that arch is stunning.

storyteller said...

Betty – I felt the same way upon discovering them and am happy you enjoyed them here.

Karen – Now that you mention it, I see what you mean. I’m always reminded of the concept that everything is a circle … one that I shared in my 3rd OSI post … and a very early Sacred Life Sunday offering on my other blog.

Yertle – I just couldn’t choose a favorite because I liked them all for different reasons.

Robin – Like you, when I try to select a ‘favorite’ … my eyes move to another, then another.

I’m delighted you all found time to visit and shared your responses to these amazing circular images. Thanks so much and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! It’s hard to believe, but it’s RAINING here in Southern California for Memorial Day weekend. Guess there won’t be many beach barbeques after all.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

You did a great job with these. The photos are gorgeous and very interesting!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – I didn’t take these pictures … I just ‘found’ them at Flickzzz … but I did make the collage and thought the post fun to share. Glad you enjoyed them too.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails