Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, February 22, 2009

UM#44 - CC#48 - Morning Musings

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for
Camera Critters
and Unconscious Mutterings
Click for FaveFive & Today's Flowers
1. After a hazy day yesterday, we had drizzles overnight with more rain predicted for tomorrow, but at the moment it's dry out. Looks like there might be showers tonight in Hollywood for the Oscars after all.

2. My sister and I attended another Ritz camera class Saturday ... enjoyed a tasty lunch at the Olive Garden ... then took a photo walk at the beach. She purchased the Nikon 18-2oomm lens and wanted to compare her results with photos taken with my Tamron 28-300 lens. Below are a few 'surfer' shots I captured from the pier.

Click to embiggen for better viewing

3. Time Warner Cable installed my new Sony LCD flat screen HDTV on Friday afternoon and it's very 'kewl' ... not only is the picture amazingly better than on my 20+ year old television but the sound is much improved as well.

While here, the Cable Guy discovered that the 'grounding wires' need to be redone to meet current standards so they're returning next Saturday to fix that issue. At that time they'll also trade out my old DVR for a new updated one, so that gives me time to watch some of what's recorded between now & then.

4. I neglected to remember to put my birthday countdown in my sidebar this month, but tomorrow is my 64th birthday so I hope you'll drop by and help me celebrate! You can see my 63rd birthday celebration here and here.

5. If you missed the Birth of a Masai giraffe video clip, let me encourage you to check it out as time permits. It's quite amazing ;--)

This is my 48thMisty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here.

I snapped these photos
while walking on a pier with
my sister this week

and used Photoshop
Elements to create the
collage just below.

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in Camera Critters this week.


This is the 317th issue of ...
I'm participating for the 44th time today
How about you?

What comes to YOUR mind?
If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Carpet :: Magic
  2. William :: Macy
  3. Oh! :: my gosh ...
  4. Board game :: Scrabble
  5. Sunlight :: helps my garden grow
  6. Delay :: put off for a while
  7. Winner :: Lottery - Golden Globe - Oscar
  8. Concubine :: 'The Russian Concubine' by Kate Furnivall
  9. Comatose :: unconscious & unable to wake up
  10. Satisfy :: fulfill or gratify
Your turn: I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Carpet ::
  2. William ::
  3. Oh! ::
  4. Board game ::
  5. Sunlight ::
  6. Delay ::
  7. Winner ::
  8. Concubine ::
  9. Comatose ::
  10. Satisfy ::
Click for others muttering this week.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"
Seagulls... slim yachts of the element." Robinson Jeffers

14 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Here are my answers:

1. Carpet ::the world with love.

2. William ::Tell Overture

3. Oh! ::My Lord

4. Board game :: monoply

5. Sunlight :: dishwashing detergent

6. Delay :: of game 10 yard penality

7. Winner ::take all

8. Concubine :: lover

9. Comatose ::out to lunch be back never

10. Satisfy ::your taste for sweets.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Love William Macy...he's one of my favorite actors!

And "concubine"?? Who uses that word anymore? lol

Happy Sunday!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Comatosed conCubine maybe. Love the collage. I do like shorebirds.

Joyce said...

Hi, Virginia,
Your seagull collage is one of my favorites. :)
Here are my 'mutterings':
1. Carpet :: roll out the
2. William :: sweet William
3. Oh! :: Uh oh, Spaghettios!
4. Board game :: Ticket to Ride Europe (my current fave)
5. Sunlight :: I love it; I need it.
6. Delay :: Confusion and delay (from Thomas the Tank Engine days)
7. Winner :: takes all
8. Concubine :: Well, I wouldn't want to be one. :P
9. Comatose :: some students are
10. Satisfy :: your junk food cravings (NOT!), as in 'You deserve a break today...' and the '4th Meal' slogan

Anonymous said...

Great photos, as always! Happy Birthday a day early.

Barb said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

1. Carpet: Rug
2. William: Tell
3. Oh!: No!
4. Board Game: Monopoly
5. Sunlight: Hot
6. Delay: Delayed reaction
7. Winner: Loser
8. Concubine: Geisha
9. Comatose: Sleep
10. Satisfy: Eat

EAT???? Ugh.

Dianne said...

the photo of the bird about to take flight is so beautiful

Sandee said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Virginia,
Happy Birthday to you.

1. Carpet :: Snow
2. William :: Tell
3. Oh! :: My
4. Board game :: Win
5. Sunlight :: Spring
6. Delay :: Postpone
7. Winner :: Number One
8. Concubine :: Slave
9. Comatose :: Asleep
10. Satisfy :: Sate

Have a terrific day and birthday honey. Big hug. :)

Ivanhoe said...

Happy Birthday, Storyteller! :o)

Unknown said...

Happy, happy, birthday!!

1. Carpet :: warm
2. William :: Shatner
3. Oh! :: My!
4. Board game :: Monopoly
5. Sunlight :: Rays
6. Delay :: Pause
7. Winner :: Champ
8. Concubine :: Tramp
9. Comatose :: still
10. Satisfy :: quench

Can you believe we woke up to -9 this morning? your weather looks great!!!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! Feb. 23 is also our anniversary--must be a very special day.

Tumblewords: said...

Happy Birthday! The collage is luscious - your photos are taking on new life - I'm having fun with Photoshop Elements, too, but mostly using it with Bamboo Fun... Haven't tried much with digital photos... Enjoy the celebration dinner - sounds wonderful to me. (that was on a different post) ;)
Your TV sounds lovely - mine's still +20 and if the truth be known, I can hardly remember 64 and surely not 63.

Travis Cody said...

Congrats on the new tv! I remember when we got ours. If you're a baseball fan, you'll absolutely love to watch games. You really can see the seams rotate on the ball.

Travis Cody said...

Oh! I forgot to say how much I liked your surfer pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails