Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, April 5, 2010

Miscellaneous Monday Memes and Musings

Make Time for Small Reflections



1. I hope everyone had a joyous Easter ... I'm sharing more Spring blossoms from my yard today just in case YOU don't have them growing where you live yet. Enjoy!



2. I've felt the earth move a number of times over the past two days but so far found no new damage to my surroundings. This morning just before 6am was a very sharp quick jolt, but the others have been more of the rolling variety. As a native of Southern California, earthquakes (and drought) are simply facts of life, but having recently viewed the devastation in Haiti, Chili, and now south of us in Mexico ... one can only wonder when the BIG ONE will hit us too. I'm hoping for the best today.


Straight out of the camera above
Poster Edges below ...


3. I have BIG NEWS but it will have to wait because I have no time to share this morning (sorry to be a tease but I'm excited and delighted) since I'm leaving now to meet a friend for breakfast after which we're hitting a local Starbuck's Cafe so she can walk me through the wireless access process there with my new Sony Vaio. It'll be a new experience for me ;-)


Click to embiggen for better viewing and for
others participating in
Macro Monday, Blue Monday
Today's Flowers, Mellow Yellow, and Mosaic Monday
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Hope you have a Marvelous Monday!!!
I'll share my news later ;-)

Thought for Today
"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it's expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility." Eleanor Roosevelt

21 comments:

Shey said...

Lovely flowers! Love the mosaic you made. Happy Monday. :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your Eleanor Roosevelt quote, and am too excited about whatever your news is!! I can't WAIT to hear all about it! I love your flower collage! When I heard about the earthquake on T.V. the first thing I thought about was you. Hoping you were O.K. and that those blue lawn chairs of mine did not get damaged!!!

maryt/theteach said...

storyteller, your photos are lovely and I hope you will stay safe there in California! :)

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Ooooohhh gorgeous spring flowers! All of the color just makes your mosics pop!

Happy Mosaic Monday!
XOXO
Cathy

Ann said...

The spring flowers are lucious. We have daffodils blooming in our yard and the hostas are starting to peek. Great mosaic.

SmilingSally said...

Living in California is beautiful, but it comes with certain dangers. Happy Blue Monday.

Anonymous said...

your photos are just gorgeous, but i don't envy your earthquakes, just why i stick to the east coast.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Lovely as usual. Thank you for sharing. See ya'll next week. Tam http://bloggingbradleys.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos with us, they are so pretty and colourful. Happy Easter from Vancouver Island. Michelle

Dianne said...

I was in CA once during a small quake and it was the most incredible sensation

stay safe and hang on dear CA

love your flowers

Kala said...

Lovely to see these springtime blossoms!

Nanna said...

beautiful flower collage

Helen

Unknown said...

What a beautiful vignette of pictures.

Hope you had a wonderful & joyful Easter.

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Jay said...

What a pretty mosaic of spring blooms!

Unknown said...

I hope your breakfast/wireless experience went well. :) Of course I love your flowers - I always tend to like the poster edges too. :)

Rambling Woods said...

The cold weather and mud slides took out at least half of the over wintering monarchs..it will be years before they can recover....I think Mother Nature is speaking and we need to listen...Michelle

Quiet Paths said...

So glad that you have had only minor tremors thus far. Take care! And, I can't wait to hear your news. LOVE the flowers and the variety.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely flowers, I always love the combination of blue and yellow flowers...

Olivia said...

Beautiful pics!

Verna Luga said...

I love the Cherry ... great capture!

My first time here!
It Bloomed
Our Creativity
If Only

Karen said...

I thought about you when I heard of the rumblings in California--I'm glad you're okay! It seems like no matter where you are, Earth Mother has some surprises for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails