Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, April 26, 2010

Ruby Red Amaryllis in my Colorful Outdoor World

Make Time for Small Reflections
Snag this  for   your sidebar and/or your Color Carnival entries...


My amaryllis are PINK, but these
from my neighbor's yard are RUBY RED ...
see how they develop gradually



I have started to do some blog visiting again



but with more than 1000 unread posts in my reader



it'll take me a while to get around to everyone



so please bear with me ... and if you missed


my Spring Gift in the previous post



feel free to pick it up today
...


as a thank you from
me to you.

Click to embiggen for better viewing and for others participating in
Ruby Tuesday, Today's Flowers, Outdoor Wednesday
Color Carnival and My World

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"The world does not have to change.... The only thing that has to change is our attitude." Gerald Jampolsky

20 comments:

Sylvia K said...

A beautiful and colorful world it is! Thank you for sharing it with us through your lovely photos! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are extremly interesting and exotic looking. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a real amarylis. They seem the have three blooms per stalk?

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

gift of the garden—
amaryllis opening—
bright exotic fire

Ruby gum flower

EG CameraGirl said...

Beautiful shade of red!

diane b said...

So much colour. They are a beautiful rich red. I feel honoured that you have visited my blog when you have a 100 to visit. happy reading

Lindz said...

they look very pretty and the color are vibrantly red

Gattina said...

I see your world is red and blooming ! Spring is the best time of the year !!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I like your photos of the Red Amaryllis. I used to grow them in Singapore.

MaR said...

Beautiful amaryllis!! I am trying to grow two outdoors, it isn't working but your pictures give me hope.
Lovely choice for the theme.

Happy RT!

Becky said...

What a beautiful amaryllis! I have some red ones, but not that colour. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Here's my RT entry.

Suburban Girl said...

Red amaryllis! Wow!

Stephanie V said...

What a beautiful shade of red. I've never seen one so dark. And with so many flowers. Nice RT photo.

Martha said...

How pretty! Thanks for sharing this at the Color Carnival this week :-)

The Charm of Home said...

The colors in flowers never cease to amaze me. They are so incredibly vibrant. More so through the eye of a camera than with my own eye. I love your gratitude section in your sidebar. that is a really great idea.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Beautiful pictures and really beautiful flowers! thanks for stopping by the other day. Looks like we have both been busy and haven't had a chance to catch up with each other's blog! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY!

Karen said...

Oh wow--what beautiful red flowers! I keep being amazed at the beauty that surrounds you!!

lynda Howells said...

These flowers are beautiful, l have never managed to actually grow them. well donex Happy Ruby Tuesdayx
lynda
http;//chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com

Ms. Bake-it said...

Your amaryllis is beautiful! I can certainly relate to being behind in my blogging, especially in reading. Been trying to play catch up the past two days.

~ Tracy

SandyCarlson said...

Such a heavenly tropical beauty!

DeniseinVA said...

Gorgeous flowers, love that deep red color. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails