Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Outdoor Rubies - Midweek Memes

Make Time for Small Reflections
Belated
randomtuesday

1. This has been an early Spring here in Southern California. Here are two views of my first RUBY 'Mr. Lincoln' rose bud of the season taken a few days ago BEFORE the rain ...


... and a couple of WATERY views AFTER yesterday's rain.

Poster Edges below ...
(click to embiggen for better viewing)

2. The two rose buds on then newly planted Veteran's Honor Rose bush look like they'll open soon ...


3. The purple irises are finished and the yellow ones almost spent but white ones have just opened under my lime tree and daffodils should bloom next.


4. Here are a couple of watery views from the last week's visit to the Bolsa Chica Wetlands. If you enjoy these and missed the ones I shared last week you can click to see more Wetland views here.



5. I enjoyed one final breakfast this morning at the Harbor House Cafe in Sunset Beach shared with my sister before she and her husband head for Yosemite and places beyond ... and I'm feeling a bit sad this afternoon (realizing it will be a long time before our next shared breakfast anywhere) though I'm happy for her that she's able to enjoy life on the road with her husband.


Click to embiggen and for others participating in
I wish you all a delightful day!
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
“An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.” Niels Bohr

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The second rose picture is outstanding, the rose petal looks so velvety! And the wetlands are georgous. The breakfast looks so yummy. Home fries with veggies on the right? But what is that on the left? Omelet? Eggs with cheese on top? Perhaps I can take a stab at making it. Do your sister and her husband have an RV and periodically travel around? How often do they go and how long are they usually gone? I remember when I first found your blog, she was getting ready to leave.

Unknown said...

wonderful collection of photos. the wetland shot is awesome, and your breakfast looks delicious!

Suburban Girl said...

Water drops on roses! How lovely.

Karen said...

Such lovely flowers! And I'm sorry you're feeling a little sad--but it's so understandable. Luckily you have so many interests, so many things planned, to keep you excited and (ultimately) happy!!

Colette S said...

You take very good photos!

Happy WW

Pamela said...

delicious!
the roses and the breakfast!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Love those roses Virginia...so beautiful, and my favorite.

Happy Weekend sweet friend.... Love, Joy

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/your-comments-touch-my-heart-award/

Happy Monday!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

these photos are so lovely and inviting,
I wish to be there in nature...

Related Posts with Thumbnails