Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thursday Thoughts and Memes ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Just for Joy, Color Carnival,
Yard Art, Window Views, Weekend Reflections
and
Looking at the Sky



1. I'd not been to Knott's Berry Farm in DECADES, so it was delightful to meet my cousin, his wife, my sister & her husband there for breakfast on Tuesday morning. We had a wonderful 'catch up' visit and hopefully won't let so much time go by before we connect again ...


2. In addition to a wonderful visit, I rediscovered 'the Chicken House' ... a restaurant my parents enjoyed and took the family to occasionally on Sunday after church (
even though we didn't have much money to spare) long before roller coasters made this place a huge 'theme park' attraction.


Click twice to embiggen and read this history of Knott's ...

3. The food was tasty, the prices economical (especially for Seniors) and parking was FREE. Methinks I'll probably return ... just for the JOY of it!

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Just for the JOY of it



4. This statue stands outside the Chicken House and is my Yard Art this week ... just because.


Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others sharing Yard Art


5. We walked around a bit but didn't actually pay to enter the theme park itself.

6. Virginia's Gift Shop is still there ...


7. It's been joined by Pink's Hot Dog Stand and Cinnabon too. (My brother in law LOVES Pink's Hot Dogs so much he occasionally drives to the original location in Hollywood but now he knows he can get a delicious 'dog' closer to home ... when he's in town).


lookingatthesky

8. Of course there are roller coasters everywhere you look ... definitely not MY favorite activity, but I did take photos of them and the beautiful clear blue skies to share.



Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Looking at the Sky
9. In addition, I saw many colorful signs ...



10. ... window views and reflections too ...



Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Color Carnival
Weekend Reflections and Window Views

11. Although I ran into problems hooking up to AT&Ts 'wireless connection' at Starbucks on my first visit with my Sony Vaio, methinks things are resolve so that on my NEXT visit I shouldn't have any trouble. This is the Starbucks in downtown Huntington Beach on Main street with more 'kewl' windows and reflections.


12. It's WINDY here, palm fronds are blowing around, and (sigh) I've got a sinus headache ... probably because I spent an hour outside this morning watering the yard hoping to keep my flowers blooming.


Click for others participating in
Thursday Thirteen

13. I'm spending Thursday with my sister so I'll be visiting Friday and over the weekend again.

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!
Small Reflections ... Smile Back


Thought for Today
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."
George Washington Carver

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how our kid-lings loved Knotts Berry Farm. How fun you had some nostalgic moments.

Have a great week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Carletta said...

Wow, you got a lot in this post! :)
I love the yard art chicken! Would you believe I had a stuffed toy chicken when I was a little girl?
The reflection shot is wonderful and I'm craving a cup of coffee but since it's almost midnight I guess I'll have to wait.
The window view with all those colors is terrific. Lovely shot!
You sure those are palm fronds or left behind witches brooms. LOL! :)

Kim, USA said...

Your window is so colorful and does look like in a fairy land. ^_^

Windows&Doors2

Ginny Hartzler said...

Knot's Berry Farm, I had no idea it was a big park like that! I thought it was just a real berry farm with a gift shop. Does it have anything to do with berries? So many great pictures and so much neat stuff I learned from your post today!! I've always wanted to try a Pinks hot dog, probably never will. The Starbucks building is amazing, I showed that picture to my husband.

annies home said...

sounds like a great trip

jillconyers said...

It all sounds like fun. I haven't been to Knotts Berry Farm in forever. Love shooting interesting reflections shots.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Looks like a great place to visit. Although I'm not a roller coaster person. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Sherrie's Stuff
http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2010/04/thursday-13.html

Janet said...

Thanks for the lovely tour oF Knott's!

colleen said...

I'm a little confused and will have to google it. It sounds like a farm but looks like a theme park and the Virginia sign made me wonder if it's in Virginia but you mentioned palm fronds, so I think not. I grew up in an amusement park beach town and never rode the roller coaster, not once to this day.

maryt/theteach said...

A big strutting rooster, storyteller. Love him! :)

Carolyn Ford said...

What a great time you must have had with family! I couldn't help but stop at the "starbucks" photo...wow! What a classy looking store that is with all that glass! Quite impressive!

Sharon said...

wow! What a great day! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your JOY!

Sylvia K said...

That Starbucks is a terrific reflection shot!! All of your photos are colorful and lovely as always! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Wow. Knott's Berry farm brings back memories when it was a berry farm and restaurant. My family used to go there on special occasions also. Cannot find fried chicken like they had except in very small restaurants in country towns. That is where I learned that rhubarb cobbler was every bit as good as the berry cobbler. Regards.

Dianne said...

I love the giant chicken
and the ice cream sign is so pretty and colorful
all your shots are wonderful

Jim said...

Bright and colourful.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Anna said...

Breakfast looks good, and the yard art is fun!

I love roller coasters. They look really nice against the sky.

Jama said...

I've been to Knots Berry twice, I love that place, but not for it's roller coaster or rides but more for the glimpse to to yesteryear's . Wonderful place.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great Thursday 13 and Color carnival - love that ICEE sign and I would LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE a Pink's chili dog right now!

James said...

I used to love Mrs. Knotts Fried Chicken when I was a kid. They built another restaurant in Irvine but it went out of business about 10 years ago. For the past 30yrs I've been talking abot going to Pink's but I still haven't made it there. Great shots that bring back nice memories.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Americanising Desi said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all pictures and the post :D

Not Afraid

Arlene said...

All photos here are gorgeous. I love all the ones with the great blue sky. :)

Happy weekend!

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

A METTING WITH GOOD REMEMBRANCES...Congrast for to sharinh the shots and the history
have a nice weekend
graceolsson.com/blog

"Lillagul" said...

Just loved that sign with the Polar Beer and ice.
Have a nice weekend !

Joyce said...

Hello, Friend,
I'm sorry that I haven't commented on your blogs in a while. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, blogging-wise, and cutting down on Facebook time.

What a huge, fancy Starbuck's you have photographed! Ours are more "woodsy"-themed here in the Pacific Northwest.

I hope you'll have a good week, and not be bothered by the headaches. Take care. :)

Karen said...

Such FUN photos! So bright and colorful--and I love seeing all your sunshine!!

Martha said...

Love your shot for Color Carnival, love them all! I especially like the big rooster :-)

Linda :) said...

A very colorful ICEE sign... mmmmmm :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails