Scroll down for Camera Critters & Unconscious Mutterings
Ruby Tuesday is at Happily Retired Gal
Adopt A Word
Visiting Jonna's blog yesterday and True Colors today, I discovered both have adopted soon to be extinct words. I decided to adopt my own. If you want to adopt a word, visit this site Save the Words, it's a subsidiary of the Oxford University Press that publishes the Oxford Dictionaries.
The following I quote from Poopsie Blue:"Each year hundreds of words are dropped from dictionaries.Old words, wise words, hard working words.Words that once lived meaningful lives, but now lie abandoned & forgotten."The idea is to help save these lost words for future generations by bringing them back into currant usage. There is a wealth of words literally crying out on the site for you to choose from.
who came through a hole in the fence to visit?
participating in Camera Critters this week.
What comes to YOUR mind?
If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)
I say ... and you think ... ?
- Take :: "it easy ... don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy." (Can't you hear the Eagles singing this one???)
- 350 :: Global Warming Animation - explaining how & why reduce carbon emissions
- Stand :: one of my favorite Stephen King books
- Raspberry :: Loganberry ... Ollalaberry ... Strawberry ... Boysenberry
- Turnstile :: entry gate
- Infomercial :: something I try to avoid at all costs
- Dejected :: downcast or disappointed ... discouraged
- What’s the word? :: tantuple ;--)
- Awestruck :: amazed
- Smashed :: potatoes
- Take ::
- 350 ::
- Stand ::
- Raspberry ::
- Turnstile ::
- Infomercial ::
- Dejected ::
- What’s the word? ::
- Awestruck ::
- Smashed ::
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."