I have been tagged by my friend Chuck at Foster Me Up (who was tagged by Milton from Bluedreamer 5) with the 'Top 5 Hottest Blogs Meme'.
Chuck wrote: "This, of course for me, will be impossible. I will not be able to pick 5 and will be sad once I've completed my task. But, I'll play anyway and work on getting over it."
I confess that I wasn't sure how to even approach this task ... (in fact it's taken me a week to settle on this list) ... but I'm honored to be nominated and felt duty-bound to make a sincere effort, so here goes (with my apologies for all of you whose blogs I enjoy reading who didn't make the 'Top 5' today).
***start copy here***
1. Simply choose five blogs you want to be included in your “top five list”.
2. Give a short line or explanation why you put them on your list. One explanation for each blog.
3. Now tag as many blogs as you want.You can also tag those blogs you have listed in your TOP FIVE….you can also put your own blog in your list if you want
4. For those who have been tagged, you can also vote for a blog that was been nominated already (besides, this is what this meme is intended for, to know how many bloggers will nominate your blog)
5. Submit you TOP FIVE HOTTEST BLOG ENTRY here. Submitted blogs will be the only one to be included in the tally
6. Remember: Submissions of entries starts from MARCH 1 2008 to MARCH 25 2008 and top five hottest blog winners will be announced on MARCH 29 2008
7. Enjoy listing your top five!!!
***end copy here***
Here are my nominations (although as Chuck said ... please keep in mind I have other favorites, and this is really killing me):
1. Sandy at Momisodes is funny, endearing, and talented. She's a WAHM with a toddler who entertains her many faithful readers with delightful personal stories, wonderful photos with clever captions, and timely information on a variety of topics in addition to visiting & emailing her 'blogging buddies' constantly. I don't know how she manages everything, but I'm happy she's in this 'virtual' world.
2. Lucy of Diamonds in the Sky With Lucy and (more recently) Lucy Creates see's Lucy (of Peanuts Cartoon fame) as her 'alter-ego' ... and uses this 'playful, cynical, carefree, serious, helpful, loner' as her muse ... for inspiration and balance. This blogger is a 'middle-aged woman with the heart of a child' ... married to a photographer who takes gorgeous photos ... and shares her creativity daily.
3. At The Joy of Six, Joy (mother of 4 grown children & grandmother twice over) describes herself as a skeptical 'Blogaholic' who loves to hear and tell life's stories. She creates and shares humorous anecdotes based on personal experience along with sets of photos that elicit awe, laughter, inspiration, and wonder.
4. I first discovered Sandy Carlson at Writing in Faith through her unique and informative Thursday Thirteen posts, but soon found much richness to draw me back on other days of the week. She's a teacher, writer, wife & mother in addition to being a published poet. FYI -- She and another gal have just started a new blog, One Single Impression that is a community of poets writing and sharing haiku and other poetic forms.
5. Claudia at On a Limb, founder of the Open Grove. On this blog she 'shares her quirky experiences and impressions about holistic living, spirituality and life' and, in addition, she's the originator of the Everyday Kindness 'blog' movement.
These are my Top 5 Blogs nominees!
Anyone else wishing to participate, please feel free to do so and ensure that after posting go here and list your 5 nominations. I tag the above 5 nominees and anybody else who would like to play. I'm hopeful some of you will take up the challenge ... and click the link above to VOTE for your favorite blogs too ;--)
Miscellaneous 'business' of the day: If you took the weekend off, be advised that (as usual) I didn't ;--)
1. Natually, I shared morning thoughts in Haiku on Friday here (with a Friendship Chain in case you'd like to play along and see what happens) and another here on Spontaneity.
2. Saturday I thanked others for awards and passed along 'bling' to blogging buddies ... and I responded to the 1st prompt from One Single Impression.
3. Sunday I added color from my yard, inviting visitors to sit a spell and shared 'seven really good things' from the past week.
4. Today I'll be off in the real world ... connecting with friends at 'Retired Gals Lunch' ... then having 'tea & more conversation' after checking out progress of the 'remodel' at Carol's house ... so I'll be catching up on blog visits all week.
Thought for Today
"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true." Richard Bach