Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Playful Participation from a Recovering People Pleaser and another Christmasy Greeting

Alliteration -- always an artfully agreeable
and/or annoying activity


Lucy has pronounced my letter to be "P" ... so this playful post is prominently published in purple to let you all know:

1. I'm a proud member of the Red Hat Society! Even prior to participating, I had plenty of purple clothes because I love the color purple. I mentioned this once previously here, providing some specifics.

2. Pencils (primarily mechanical ones) are my favorite writing implement on paper, but pens and my Palm LifeDrive please me as well.

3. I've pages and pages and pages of poetry pieces and journal entries privately pondering plenty of poignant and playful topics.

4. Once the family photographer, I gave up picture snapping for a period of years until I received a present of a digital camera and plague people once again capturing un-posed pictures playfully, some of which I've published previously on this blog.

5. I use the
pen name (nom de plume) "storyteller" when publishing and/or commenting because I'm a private person, but have presented a few pieces hither and yon, published (unexpectedly) with my real name legible when enlarged.

6. I possess two pets ... Molly (a playful Lab pup) & Ms. Kitty (a perversely feral black cat) ... providing plenty of photo opportunities.

7. I love pears & plums, but (pardon me please) not persimmons.

8. I'd like a pony but have no place to keep one. I've been told by people who know me that I'm an optimist who would plow through a pile of poop to find one however.

9. I play with paradox and perplexing polarities, but no longer feel the pressing need to please people perpetually.

10. I've published prolifically here (and at Sacred Ruminations) & periodically point to poignant and/or playful pieces by others presented in this virtual playground of premiere parties blogging.

I'm not going to "tag" anyone. This is purely for pleasure, but if you'd like to play along, I'd be pleased to provide a letter (as Lucy did for me) if you'll promise to publish a love-link prominently back to this place. Others who have played previously can be found in these posts:
-The Dream and Lucy both had the letter "A"
-Barbara did the letter "W"
-Tess did the letter "E"
-Sunrise Sister did "S" (no surprise there)


On a Completely Different Topic
(but a Christmasy Theme)
I found this in a "comment" from Boneman at Rooted and felt the need to pass it along in case someone needs a GROAN or a chuckle so ... here it is:
"
Kind of want to tell everybody
Goldfish bowl (wee fish)
a baby lamb (ewe)
a girl horse (mare)
some herons (egrets)
and a moose (not Bullwinkle, even though I'm a big fan.)
So, repeat that two more times and end with an ear hopping along the ground and you have:

Wee Fish Ewe A Mare Egrets Moose
Wee Fish Ewe A Mare Egrets Moose
Wee Fish Ewe A Mare Egrets Moose

and a hoppy new ear!"

12 comments:

Mary said...

Cute post. I loved your list of "p" things and the purple text.

I stopped by to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. May the Light of Christmas shine in your hearts and in your home this holiday season and throughout 2008.

Love and blessings,
Mary

Kayce aka lucy said...

absolutely amazing astonishing alliteration!!!

proudly posting purple penmanship of pets, pears & plums (but not persimmons) provides playful poetry & publishing for all your perusers!

peace!

Ted Marshall said...

Thanks very much for the link, and I did enjoy your "p" list, and did indeed groan at the, er, verse.
Happy Christmas!

The Dream said...

WooHoo! This is a great list! Merry Christmas, V ... and to Molly and the black kitty.
Peace, & Love, E.

Momisodes said...

Brilliant! I loved reading the purple post of "P's." Well played ;)

Merry Christmas!!

Mary Ann said...

Fun posting. I love purple and especially like your #9.

storyteller said...

I’m glad you all enjoyed my playful post.
Mary – I’ve been busy with Christmas cards (and preparing posts to publish) so I’ve not been by your blog in a while, but I’m planning to visit today for sure. Thank you for your friendship and the lovely Christmas wishes shared here. What a lovely angel avatar you’ve added!

Lovely alliteration on your part as well Lucy ;--)
The “V” version may be viewed on Sacred Ruminations later today … partially in verse for variety (composed while on the verge of vexation). I’ve had not time for videogames lately, but I wrote by votive candlelight.

Tess – I appreciate the punctual pause to participate in Lucy’s alliterative activity and post a comment here post-haste.

Dream – Smiling impishly … the pup (& other pet) are pleased to be remembered in your peaceful greeting. May your holiday be blessed with presents of the non-tangible kind.

Sandy – With poetry & playfulness I plagued my parents perpetually pondering privately.

Moanna – Perhaps you’d play with paradox and ponderings post holiday parties? I’d love to pass along a letter for you & your publishing partners.

Thank you all for visiting at this busy time of year. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year! I’m pleased to have made your acquaintance and anticipate plenty of future fun blogging.
Hugs and blessings,

Mother of Invention said...

You are the busiest blogger I know! I don't have much time on the computer since mine died so I keep things simple and I have low tech knowledge anyway.
Thanks for the video tip. Mine is always stop and start.


Have the Merriest Christmas ever and the Happiest of New Years!

storyteller said...

MoI - Thanks for venturing forth and leaving a comment today. I've not been visiting many blogs of late because of holiday busy-ness, but have kept up with a post a day on both blogs here. It helps, of course, to be happily retired with time to spare most of the time. I could never have done this while working and don't know how the rest of you manage. I'm pleased to pass along Melissa's video viewing tips. They do seem to make a difference. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a Joyous New Year!
Hugs and blessings,

Akelamalu said...

I just popped over to wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May they be everything you're hoping for.

Reiki Blessings
Akelamalu
x

Cheryl Finley said...

Hi!
I'm glad you stopped by my blog: Art in Every Day, and introduced yourself. I too like mechanical pencils by the way! May you have a wonderful holiday season..and new year.
: ) Cheryl

storyteller said...

I’ve not had much time for “blogging” the past few days and plan to catch up this morning, if possible. I expected to spent more time here in “this virtual world” with no family in town with whom to celebrate, but surprisingly I’ve created new traditions … experiencing the kindness of friends who knew of my situation. How pleasant to find my “gmail” box with so many holiday greetings today. I’ve decided to spend some time responding before doing anything else.
Akelamalu – I’ve enjoyed visiting your blog and getting acquainted with you and many others there. Both Christmas Carol activities and the awards presented helped make my holidays more festive, and I had fun sharing my own CC Quiz here … thanks again for the idea and your generosity.
Cheryl – I appreciate you following me back here and sharing holiday wishes. I look forward to becoming better acquainted with you through your blog in the weeks and months ahead.
I hope your Christmas celebrations were merry & bright and the New Year brings wonder and joy to you and your!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails