Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Five (Really) Good Things

Taking my lead from Carla today who used this idea in her Poignant post at zena musings, I've decided to consider this topic and write about it here. For some reason, I'm having trouble logging on to that post right now to create a link. Hopefully I'll remember to try again before publishing this, but should I forget ... Carla's Blogs are easy to find if you click on the Sacred Sunday button in the sidebar at Sacred Ruminations or the My Sacred Life button here at Small Reflections. If memory serves, she took this idea from another friend (Liz perhaps?) but good ideas are meant to be shared and this got me to thinking as I explored the Blogosphere today.

As a recent member of this "virtual" community, I'm often caught up in the "connectivity" aspects of Blogging, and wish I'd listened to my friends who have been telling me for years I belonged out here. It's nice to meet so many "virtual" friends. I've bookmarked more Blogs than I'd care to admit, and I look forward to getting acquainted better over time with as many Bloggers as possible, though I think I may need a new t-shirt with the message, "So many Blogs, so little time" :)

That brings me to my list of really good things ... connections with others ... including but not limited to the following:

1. I met some wonderful bloggers through NaBloPoMo and am glad I decided to participate in this annual event. The generosity of those who created and shared Award Buttons is wonderful. I've already thanked Melissa at Part of Everything yesterday in a post at Sacred Ruminations, but I'd like to recommend her Blog to all who pass this way. Her writing is clever, and she's linked up with some other interesting bloggers too. In addition, I'd like to once again thank Mrs. Fussypants for the "Blog, Monkey, Blog" badge and Subversive Cross Stitch for the "NaBloPoopedMo" badge both of which I snagged and posted here yesterday.

2. Next let me introduce Shawn at Letters to my Daughters who has done some wonderful "connectivity" by inspiring and highlighting many Bloggers after engaging them in two projects that I know of. One is called "10 Rules to Live By" and the other is "Someday I will ..." Like with NaBloPoMo, I've encountered some fascinating new virtual friends and am looking forward to getting better acquainted in the days, weeks, and months ahead.

3. Melanie at "Inspire Me Thursday" apparently has been doing this kind of thing for a long time, but I just discovered her Blog a couple of weeks ago. She suggests a topic weekly and people respond in a variety of creative ways about it on their own Blogs, returning to leave a link at Inspire Me Thursday. That's how I've found a number of artists whose work I've enjoyed and shared previously.

4. Julie at Using My Words does a monthly post featuring new bloggers, referring to them as a "Pledge Class" and I'm happy to have been included for November. Even more, I'm delighted to meet the other Bloggers featured there.

5. Finally, although I encountered many wonderful Bloggers and posts this past week, I commend to you these two by His Girl Friday at Wellied on Life, one inspirational and the other will make you laugh yourself silly.

So, that's my list of Five (Really) Good Things here at Small Reflections. I'm thinking of using the same idea for my Sacred Life Sunday post at Sacred Ruminations.

Reminder: You have until December 15th
to email me your answers to the
Christmas Carol Quiz

10 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I like celebrating blogging friends. I'm glad Shawn's group writing project connected us!

storyteller said...

Me too :)
Actually, if memory serves YOUR comment on someone else's blog led me to YOU and then to Shawn's writing projects, but I'm glad we all found one another no matter how it happened. I love the serendipitious nature of the whole blogging experience.
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

I have met many wonderful friends within this community and hope to make many more.

I enjoyed your post and am now going to explore the links.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving such a nice comment on my snow photos posting.

Blessings,
Mary

storyteller said...

Mary,
It's fun experiencing "winter" vicariously through your photos and posts while staying warm here in Southern California :)

Your Meeko reminds me of Zonker (the Keeshond-Terrier Mix who shared my life for 16 years before passing on in 2001). He suffered in the summertime with "hot spots" ... and the fleas here at the beach plagued him always no matter what treatments we used. Fortunately Molly, my lab pup, does fine with Revolution once a month and enjoys all the weather here (though she does shed more than I realized she would).

I hope you enjoy clicking the links and exploring what I've shared here. I loved my wanderings yesterday :)
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

This is great, Storyteller. I love how reading other blogs inspires my own--and now you given me all these fantastic links! I'm off to check them out.

storyteller said...

I'm glad to be of service. Thanks for stopping by Karen, and happy blogging to you :)
Hugs and blessings,

Kara said...

Hi Storyteller - came by to say hi. I do delight in your enjoyment of blogging! Here's to connectivity!

storyteller said...

What a pleasant surprise to see you here Kara! I hope you're enjoying your retreat and are feeling rejuvenated each day. I owe you so much for getting me started with all of this Blogging :)

I notice Deb tagged you for 7 Random Things. I considered you briefly when I did that one, but decided you deserved the down time. Lisa, from Taos, just posted HER answers today ... so give yourself as much time as you need. Deborah will understand I'm sure.

I do love the periodic photos at Spirit Doll :)
Hugs and blessings,

Shawn said...

Thanks so much for the link love ... we'll have another group writing project in January or February.

Love your site!

storyteller said...

Shawn,
'Twas my pleasure to share. Not everyone has time to seek & find as I do and I love sharing the wealth.

'Twill be my pleasure to join in the fun after the first of the year. I've just signed up for Holidailies, so I'll be busy THIS month :)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails