Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy News

By chance, I happened today upon a Website that focuses attention on Happy News. What a pleasant bit of serendipity! I mention it here in case you've not discovered it yet and might find it of interest.

Because I believe what we focus on expands in our lives, long ago I gave up my regular subscriptions to newspapers & magazines and stopped watching TV news because I no longer chose to be bombarded with negative information. Initially, I worried I'd encounter problems by not knowing of world events ... but essential information came to me through friends, family, & unexpected sources ... quickly putting that concern to rest.

I believe my life is better for this decision, yet I'm delighted to find this place where I can easily click on categories as I choose to find articles about International, National, Heroes, Health, Opinion & Editorials, Science & Technology, Environment, Arts & Entertainment, Sports, Business/Money & Happy Living ... read optimistic "contest" essays ... and even submit Happy News when or if I wish. The site even has links to "unhappy news sources" ... but I doubt I'll use them. I've Bookmarked it for easy access and think I'll add it to my Link List on so others might find it easily.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever since talking about this with you in Taos, I've been toying with the idea of giving up the news. I have (mostly) not read the newspaper for the past month, but I haven't managed to completely stop. I think I'm afraid of appearing out-of-touch, or even ignorant. I've noticed, though, that I've been happier since I've stopped reading it daily.

Thanks for passing on the Happy News link!

His Girl Friday said...

Hi,
I've given up the 'sensationalist' news preferring to quietly view things on the internet from various sources, some US some UK. I occasionally watch CNN and FoxNews, at work, but only briefly. No newspapers, preferring word of mouth, and I'll follow up later...It has made all the difference!!

storyteller said...

Karen,
I'm glad you found the information useful. I've since been back & realize they don't update the site regularly ... but I do check in from time to time to see what's new and explore parts I've not yet visited.

I'm glad you're feeling happier.

HGF
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm catching up this morning and leaving responses, even though it's been a few days since you were here.

I do enjoy your site and SBH. Thanks for providing that link. As for news ... I'm confident what I need to know will find its way to me, and the rest isn't something I need to be concerned with ... at least for now.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails