Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weekend Miscellany and Musings ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Camera Critters, Pet Pride, Photo Hunt,
Weekend Reflections & Shadow Shots


Snag this for  your sidebar and/or your Color Carnival entries...

Beauty down the street
Grandma's Garden ... colorful

already this Spring!




Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Finding Beauty,
Today's Flowers, Color Carnival and Haiku Friday


Ms Kitty ... about
twenty years old spends her days
on the patio




Click to embiggen for better viewing and for
others participating in
Camera Critters & Pet Pride


walking through 'the Camp'
in Costa Mesa with my
sister I spied this


Straight out of the camera above ...
Poster Edges below

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Weekend Reflections and Shadow Shots


This week's theme is - Fresh

whenever I need
fresh lemons or limes I pick
them from my front yard



Click to embiggen for better viewing and for
others participating in
Photo Hunt



It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Southern California ... the kind of day that encourages one to be outdoors; however I've printed my belated Christmas (and Easter) cards on my new Canon MX870 all-in-one printer and plan to get envelopes addressed and notes written in them this weekend so I can drop them in the mail. Perhaps I'll do this while sitting on my front patio with Molly & Ms Kitty. With my new Sony Vaio, I can take 'breaks' to visit blogs while sitting outside too. My retired life is lovely and I'm most grateful ;-)

If you missed them here, I published my Friday FAVE Fives at Happily Retired Gal this week along with some unusual Sky Shots and pretty blossoms for Pink Saturday along with this week's Yard Art too.

Delightfully, I won Lily Hydrangea's Blogoversary Giveaway at Long Island Daily Photo! If you've never visited her blog you might enjoy checking it out. She takes lovely photos and creates beautiful things to sell in her Zazzle Gift Shoppe. I get to choose 5 greeting cards and a sheet of stamps. When they arrive, I'll share on one of my blogs ... just because.

9am addendum
I just dropped by Brenda's Blog from Paraguay and found an entertaining 'visual' ... Dogs in Slow Motion ... laughed myself silly and decided to share, just because. You may have seen this commercial already, but I don't watch much television so it's new to me. Enjoy;-)

Hope you're all having a
Wonderful Weekend!
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store or under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends." Cindy Lew

44 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Does this lovely garden really belong to a grandmother down the street? The Costa Measa picture is the most interesting, because even clicking did not really reveal what it is or it's purpose. It is pretty in an odd, claustrophobic sort of way. I'm picturing you sitting outside with your wonderful lemon tree, Molly and kitty, with the new Vaio. A lovely thought.

dianasfaria.com said...

Love your post, beautiful reflections! & Your Spring seems to be like our Summer.
Thanks for the mention HRG. You are so sweet. Have a great weekend.
: )

Brenda said...

I love the pictures of your Kitty. Cats are such curious creatures :)

Stephani Cochran said...

A lemon tree in your front yeard! I'm jealous! That is definitely fresh!

LeAnn said...

That lemon tree is so cool. And I love your cat. What a beauty. ~

KaHolly said...

Delightful post today! All of your photos were fun to look at. Have a great weekend, karen

VioletSky said...

I am craving those flowers!
That is a pretty little fountain feature.

Martha Z said...

A wonderful collection today, they all speak to me. Beautiful spring blooms and your cat reminds me of my "small cat". A little black barn cat the was so sweet.

Gattina said...

Very nice collage and the cat is just beautiful, what a shiny fur ! How nice that you can pick your lemons just from the tree ! I don't even have apples, lol !

James said...

The Camp has some pretty nice reflections in the water and on the wall. I wonder if the Lab across the street has any good reflections.

George said...

I don't think lemons and limes could be any fresher than off your own tree! I like both your mosaic of Grandma's Garden and your watery reflections.

Dimple said...

Nice shots, I like the reflections from the mall. Water is soothing and refreshing, somehow.
Blessings!

Diane AZ said...

Your spring garden flower collages are so pretty and fresh lemons off the tree sound wonderful.

Carver said...

You did a great job with all the theme. I love the beautiful flower shots and the fresh fruit on the trees. The water garden with the tall reeds in the water is so peaceful. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Lovely images. I especially like the small reflections of gardens at the top of the page. Very rich.

SandyCarlson said...

These are all incredible. Again, have to say the color and beauty of your world fill my own with a wonderful, quiet joy on this side of the continent. Thanks.

Martha said...

your color carnival and all the other shots too - especially kitty. I love kitties :-)

Carol said...

Wow, you've covered so much! Love the flowers and the pups and cats! Great post :)

DeniseinVA said...

These are wonderful! So many beautiful photographs.

LadyFi said...

What beautiful colours in your world. And Miss Kitty is a gorgeous cat!

Carletta said...

Lovely reflections!
Somedays I struggle to get one small post together and you put so much in each one on each of your blogs.
I loved the shot of the chairs - you knew I'd day that didn't you - with the lemon tree. So cool and the grass looks so lush and green.
Your flower mosaic is beautiful - a breath of springtime!

Akelamalu said...

Lovely sunny photos - they've cheered me!

It's a sunny day here too but still chilly and the weatherman is telling me to expect SNOW on Tuesday as I type! WTF - it's Spring?????

EG CameraGirl said...

Beautiful mosaics!
Shade House/Shadow Shot Sunday
Another Slice of EG Lifet

Suburban Girl said...

Sure got the color thing going in that mosaic. Handsome kitty too.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Citrus in shadow—
is the flavor of the fruit
emboldened by light?

Shadowy, Worn Bricks

wanderlust said...

Beautiful stuff on here! Ms. Kitty looks like a wonderful companion, perfect for the cold weather we're having here today. Cheers!

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful photos, inspiring color and uplifting words! I wanna be there.

Alice Audrey said...

Yep, you're a lot greener than we are. But then, you don't get our kind of snow.

Melissa B. said...

love, Love, LOVE all of these! We had a black kitty named Mama Kat, who lived to the ripe old age of 21+. Hang in there, Ms. Kitty...you've got quite the life!

Janet said...

Your kitty doesn't look a day over 12!

And OMG I would love to have a lemon tree outside!

Kat said...

Oh I just love all of your photos today. The reflection shot is really amazing, so clear and still. And how wonderful to be able to get fresh citrus right from your yard! But my favorites are of your grand Ms. Kitty - she's beautiful. My cat lays around all day, but she's only 4, so I guess she's just lazy :) Kathy

Pam said...

Your neighborhood and yard looks so peaceful and relaxing. I could sit outside with Molly and Ms. Kitty and just enjoy the view!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What an incredible garden! It is truly lovely, and I enjoyed seeing your pets, too. My MIL's cat lived to be 21 or 22. Your cat, though, looks to be in even better shape. I love it that she has lived that long.

The video was lots of fun. Thanks for sharing!

XO,

Sheila :-)

DeniseinVA said...

Another lovely series of photographs, enjoyed them all. Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

Lee-Ann said...

I love your kitty! She looks like she is enjoying it outside in the warm sunshine! Thanks for stopping by today!

Jama said...

The garden is bursting with rainbow colors, so beautiful! Can't beat that fresh fruit from the tree, we always get ours from the neighboring country.

Regina said...

Beautiful photos as always!
A blessed week.

jabblog said...

This is a lovely selection of subjects. Ms Kitty has found something colourful to give her shade. I envy you being able to grow lemons and limes and I did like the video clip.
Gorgeous gardens!

penny said...

Lovely series of flowers. And I always enjoy seeing Ms Kitty sweet face.
It must be great to have your own lemons and limes.

Lovely as always, thanks for sharing the beauty:)

Karen said...

Oh the lemon tree, the lemon tree...I'm trying hard not to want, but I can't seem to help it...WANT!!! Want that lemon tree!!!!

Pamela said...

grandmas garden is months ahead of ours. I can't put impatiens out until the cold nights have passed. It was cloudy and rainy last night so we didn't have any frost.

Kathy said...

What a wonderful collage of flower pictures. Thanks for such a lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Ms Kitty is actually 20 years old? OMG! That has to be a record, right?
She can't really be that old, can she? You're pullin my leg, aren't you?! heheheee

"Lillagul" said...

Lovely colors in all the flowers in Granma´s garden :)
Cute cat as well !
My cat Sixten is 17 years old.

Related Posts with Thumbnails