Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random Thoughts, Photos, and Memes ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Yard Art,
Watery & Outdoor Wednesday
Just for the JOY of it, Thursday Thirteen,
Looking at the Sky, Camera Critters & Pet Pride
Herein are my Morning Musings and belated ...
randomtuesday


1. I intended to share 'random thoughts' yesterday, but somehow time got away from me ... so I'm creating this list belatedly and combining it with some favorite Wednesday & Thursday memes Just for the JOY of it ;-)


2. Rain is predicted for later today (around 3pm through tomorrow morning) and that would be most welcome because it's been quite dry during March. I watered a bit on Monday morning as a 'tied me over' ...




Click to embiggen and for
others participating in Watery Wednesday

3. ... but if it doesn't rain I'll need to water the yard for real to sustain all these beautiful blossoms. See how these pink Amaryllis are going to produce more blossoms soon? I split the bulbs this past year and spread them all over the parkway, but these are still producing multiples. Seems strange to me, but I'm delighted all the same.

4. I'm especially delighted to discover a few more purple & yellow irises showing up along with the yellow ones ... see the two new buds on either side of the two new blossoms? I noticed one more farther to the left but haven't uploaded those photos yet so I can't share here ... but here's another ripe strawberry ready for picking ;-)


Click to embiggen and for
others participating in Outdoor Wednesday

5. The last few days I've been doing my best to fight off a cold ... taking extra Vitamin C, drinking lots of water, getting more rest, and using Zicam ... hoping for the best. I plan to pick up a 'Coldbuster' at Jamba Juice on my way to class at 11:30 today because I love the taste and hopefully it will help me fight off whatever ails me.

6. I hope to spend tomorrow (
April Fool's Day ) with my sister and don't know how much energy (or time) I'll have to visit blogs today so I guess I'll be playing catch up over the weekend once again. She will be heading for Yosemite (and places beyond) on April 15th so we're making the most of what time we have left together ... just for the JOY of it!

7. My right forearm still hurts, but perhaps not quite so much as before. Sitting on my patio in a blue chair (just for the JOY of it) writing notes in my belated
belated Christmas/NewYear's & Easter cards didn't help, but fortunately I managed to create a new address database and print the envelopes on my new Canon printer so they're in the mail and should arrive BEFORE Easter.



8. Thinking of Easter, this is what I've photographed to share for Yard Art this week ... just for the JOY of it!

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others sharing Yard Art

9. Alas .... I've run out of time and may need to publish this partially completed and finish later on today when I return from my Windows 7 class ... methinks that's exactly what I'm going to do because my mind has just shut down and Molly's bugging me for a walk ... just for the JOY of it!

10. It's 5am Thursday morning and raining gently outside at the moment with heavier rains predicted to arrive shortly (if ABC7's weather reporting can be believed). I'm not quite sure when it started but the 'wet stuph' wasn't falling when I went to sleep (earlier than usual last night) ... and it's supposed to clear up by noon.


11. I've moved Ms Kitty's 'under the blue chair bed' to the covered alcove by the 'real' front door at the side of my house so she'll have a second dry place to lounge around (in addition to her igloo), but haven't moved the blue chairs themselves yet. I'm watching the wind and hoping I can leave them in place to save my arm the added strain.



Celebrating the 2nd Anniversary of Camera Critters



12. Although I slept well for about 10 hours, I'm not quite sure how I feel this morning. I had zero energy when I returned from my class yesterday afternoon (considered leaving early but stuck it out until the end) ... and didn't even THINK about finishing this as intended so I'm doing it now as I charge my phone & camera battery in anticipation of the day ahead with my sister.

lookingatthesky

13. Finally, (because it's still dark outside) I'm sharing yesterday morning's sunrise ...
just for the JOY of it!
Click to embiggen any image for better viewing


Click for others participating in
(belated)
Random Tuesday Thoughts,Wordful Wednesday,
Thursday Thirteen, Just for the JOY of it, Looking at the Sky
Camera Critters & Pet Pride

April 1st Bonus ... just because ;-)
Did you notice that Google has become

this morning? Click for their explanation ...
just for the JOY of it!


Hope you're each having a delightful day!
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for the Day
"“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. ” Bertrand Russell

23 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Buy Cold-EZE zinc lozenges. They work every time for Phil and I! They will completly stop the cold from coming if you take them soon enough, or shorten it otherwise. We use Zicam, as well. I love your Easter Bunny yard art! Are you eating your strawberries? And of course I love any post with the BLUE CHAIRS!! They just make me happy.

Unknown said...

Your Amaryllis is beautiful!!! I hope you got your rain. :)

RA said...

Beautiful and refreshing yard! I hope your arm doesn't hurt anymore.

Harriet said...

Zicam is wonderful!


Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/nuts-nuts/

Janet said...

Such pretty shots...love the sky!

Irishcoda said...

I enjoyed the pictures, especially the ones of the amaryllis and black cat!

Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ahh - you're beautiful pictures. I don't get to see such beauty here in the desert. So, thank you *muah*

And, yes, I did notice the Topeka thing. I posted about it!

Willa said...

that's a lot of memes you posted, lol!

Rambling Woods said...

I hope you can rest so you will feel better. The zero energy is a sign you need to rest. Do as I say, not as I do..lol.. I love your garden and it is so colorful.....Michelle

Maude Lynn said...

Gorgeous sunrise!

I hope that you're feeling better!

Karen said...

I hope your feeling better--though you did seem quite happy with that last post on Sacred Ruminations! Such lovely photos--Miss Kitty looks quite content!!

Hootin Anni said...

I especially love the kitty photo...you know me, being a cat lover that I am.

Mine is Easter Rabbits

Have a glorious holiday weekend!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

This is such a fun post and I hope you're well and have a Wonderful Easter! Hugs and thanks as always for sharing your beautiful pictures and observations that always make me think -- and always make me smile!!!

LeAnn said...

Loved your critter shots...but I also loved all of the rest of the goodies you had. Thanks for sharing hem all. :)

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos, cute kittie and the flowers are all gorgeous!

Dianne said...

I love Miss Kitty
She's so calm looking

Hope you're feeling better

Carletta said...

So many 'joys' here. :)
Lovely flowers - the pink lily is gorgeous.
Of course you know the blue chairs with their dappled shadows I just know are waiting for me. :)
I love the garden art - perfect for this week. I was just sitting looking at mine today and wondering what I can put back in my yard to take the place of what I'll take down. :)
Hope you had a Blessed Easter!

Carver said...

I hope the rain soaked your beautiful garden and also hope your arm isn't hurting so badly. Beautiful shots!

George said...

I hope you are now feeling better. I just heard about earthquakes in California tonight -- I hope you weren't bothered by them.

jabblog said...

Rain through the night and sun through the day is the perfect combination unless they're extreme. Ms Kitty looks very comfortable under her blue chair.

penny said...

I am in awe of you and your beautiful gardens. You keep them looking so wonderful. I see Ms Kitty is enjoying it too.
Easter blessings...

Quiet Paths said...

I truly enjoyed this jaunt through your yard and patio. You have such lovely little nooks and nice, shady areas. What beauty and joy you spread around. Here's hoping for rain in your little corner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails