Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, March 8, 2010

Morning Multi-tasking Miscellany and Musings ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Monochrome Weekend, Blue Monday,
Midweek Monday, Ruby Tuesday, Color Carnival,
Today's Flowers & My World

yellow macro views
of the Freesia blossoms
with buds in my yard

'Poster edges' above ...
Straight out of the Camera below


Click to embiggen for better viewing and see
additional Macro flower views below ...



black & white versions
converted with Photoshop
Elements to share

'scenic' landscape above & 'urban' below ...
both with a touch of Poster Edges
Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in Macro Monday
Mellow Yellow Monday, Monochrome Mania


blue iris with a
touch of 'yellow' grace my front
yard during Springtime



Poster edges above ... straight out of the camera below
Click to embiggen for better viewing
and if you'd like, feel free to snag a copy
of the Springtime Button from the top of my sidebar



colorful pansies
survived all the rain and now
brighten my parkway

Poster edges above ... straight out of the camera below
Click any image to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Color Carnival, Blue Monday,
Midweek Blues, Ruby Tuesday, Today's Flowers and My World


Snag this for your sidebar and/or your Color Carnival entries...


aware that many
visitors await Springtime ...
I wanted to share

blossoms from my world
to brighten your days until
Spring arrives in yours



Once I publish this I must take Molly for a walk and get on with the days tasks. The sooner I get things done, the more time I'll have to visit blogs this afternoon.

I've called my sister to wish her a happy birthday, but left her a singing message when she didn't answer her phone at 8am. She's either sleeping in (something she loves to do) or is at 'water aerobics' with her husband already. We plan to celebrate her special day tomorrow afternoon and again on Thursday afternoon because I have class in the mornings.

Thanks so much to Martha of Menagerie for honoring me with this Cupcake Award for having more than 100 'followers' ... and thanks to all of you who made this possible.



Today's 'retired gal's lunch' ... but it seems most everyone is either out of town or otherwise committed ... so we won't be meeting this month after all. Given the busy week behind and another busy one ahead, it's mostly likely a good thing. I've 'loaded up' this post because I won't have much time at the computer (with classes Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday mornings). I'd like to spend what little time I'll be at home visiting blogs rather than creating daily posts.

I shared more flowers, critters, skies & mosaics at Sacred Ruminations yesterday as I 'blogged my blessings' ... published Window Views, Reflections, Shadows, & more Colorful Flowers at Happily Retired Gal over the weekend ... and managed to do some catching up with blog visits without the Dell 1720 crashing so I'm hopeful that the time spent with Dell Tech Support has remedied my on-going technology issues.

Next I'll need to figure out the lingering problems with the Photoshop Elements Organizer created by all those Blue Screen of Death crashes while PSE was open ... so when time permits I'll be on the phone with Adobe. I don't want to install PSE8 until those viewing problems are resolved so I'm still using PSE6 for my photo editing and mosaics.

I hope that all of you enjoyed your weekend ...
and that you have a delightful day!
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present ... we experience heaven on earth." San Ban Breathnach

44 comments:

Pam said...

Lovely flowers as usual. : ) Today is our first warm day of the year and I am going out to enjoy it. I think I'll take a long walk!
I left you an award at my blog.

Kim, USA said...

That is awesome!! Mine is Iris too and the color is just great.

The petal

Carletta said...

The iris' with their little yellow centers are my favorite today - beautiful!
Mine are just starting to come through the ground after the long winter.

Carolyn Ford said...

I love them all but the iris are something special! And, congratulations on your 100 follower award from Martha! I got one too! Yea!

Kala said...

Beautiful images, thank you for sharing. We are impatiently awaiting spring.

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous flowers! Such beautiful colors! I just love the iris! Terrific photos as always! Wishing you a lovely week with lots of sunshine!

Sylvia

Mirage said...

I love irises....in photos or paintings (Van Gogh) they look pretty always...

Mirage said...

Oooppss my link...

Ralph said...

The flowers of spring are rich in hue. These offer such intense beauty, we stare and never tire of such beauty...

Rambling Woods said...

I am sorry you are still having computer problems. I have been using Paintshop Pro..not that I am very good at it, but PSE was really frustrating me..I love all the different things you did with your flowers. I am excited that I saw some green shoots today..too early, but you have to give them credit for trying...Michelle

SmilingSally said...

I love the blue flowers. Happy Blue Monday.

Claremont First Ward said...

I always appreciate visits to you blog reminding me to take time for the small things.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

All of your flowers are scrumptious -- but I love the blue (Japanese Iris?) the very best.

Thanks for all your wonderful posts on each blog.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for the beautiful, beautiful spring flowers! Of course my favorites are the many views of the blue iris, so georgous!! The pansies are so sweet! Hope you have a blast with your sister!

Unknown said...

Pansies and iris! They sure look like spring to me!

Mary Bergfeld said...

You've brought spring to our herts if not our gardens. Your photos are gorgeous. Have a great Blue Monday. Blessings...Mary

Lindz said...

very nice post of flowers, I also like the climbing red flowers, what is it?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

HRG: What a neat show of all your blooming flowers, so neat.

Carver said...

These are all wonderful. The blue iris are my favorite. It will probably be another month or maybe two until my iris come up and I can't wait!

Diane AZ said...

I love all of your flowers but the iris are my favorite! Enjoy your week. :)

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very beautiful pics !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Amanda Moore said...

Love the water droplet on the Freesia but the one that stands out to me the most of the Iris done in Poster edge it is stunning!

Leora said...

I really love the black and white flowers. Something unexpected about monochrome flowers. Thanks for bringing us some spring - we did have a warm day today!

Martha said...

All gorgeous photos for all the memes! Have a great week! :-)

Tammie Lee said...

ah beauteous flowers!
wishing you a lovely celebration with your sister!

Willa @ PixelMinded said...

Nice collection of wonderful photos for al wonderful memes :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Love your flowers... The irises are gorgeous and I love the Pansies too. Can't wait til we get some pretty spring flowers here. If it stays warm, we will get some Crocus blooms soon!!!! yeah!!!

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy

LV said...

There is not an ugly flower in this bunch. My favorite is the lovely irises.

Ebie said...

Spring has come to your garden. Love the irises!

Gattina said...

Beautiful colored flowers ! I ignore the white I have enough of white now, lol ! this winter will never end !

jabblog said...

Beautiful flowers - I really love freesias; their scent is so sweet but they dont' grow very well in my garden.

jay said...

Love your blue irises (I have a soft spot for them) but I have to say you are SO lucky to live somewhere that freesias will grow outdoors!

LadyFi said...

Hope you have a great day with your sister.

And lucky you - spring flowers already!

Robin said...

Beautiful flowers, I'd love to see your garden in person some day, it must be glorious.

Unknown said...

Lovely flowers!

Happy TQM!
Happy RT!
Happy HOT!

hugs
shakira

NEVER SHOULD

ROSE GARDEN

CUPCAKES

penny said...

Their happy colorful faces brought a smile to mine. Thanks for sharing the beauty of your delightful flowers.

Karen said...

Mmmm...I'm imagining that I'm smelling your flowers...but good news here--I'm seeing little shoots coming up!

KaHolly said...

I see that many of my favorite bloggers have already commented!! I'm a little late as I've been down with a migraine! But your cheery springtime flowers and your lovely comment on my other blog have brightened my day! I am a Sarah Ban Breathnach fan, too! Was glad to see her quote at the end of your post. Good luck with your busy week!! ~karen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the beautiful colors. It is still so cold here!

Akelamalu said...

We only have snowdrops at the moment but after clearing all the dead stuff today I found other shoots! Spring is definitely on the way. :)

Kathy said...

Loved your freezia. I too have yellow and pink freezias blooming at this very moment. One of my favorite flowers!

Andree said...

So that is freesia! Beautiful. I keep hearing the word but had no idea what it was. I have to comment on the mom and babies photo at the top of the blog. That is so stunning! How in the world did you get that shot? It should be photo of the year!

Andree's Macro Monday: Rose Hips

Andree's My World: Eastman Falls

Unknown said...

So many beautiful flowers! Love the iris! But I especially love the poster edges on the fressia! Pretty!

Lew said...

Love the flowers, especially the blue iris! Yours open more fully than ours (which will not bloom until May)!

Related Posts with Thumbnails