Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beauty ... Joy ... Sunrise ... Reflections ... Quotes

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Finding Beauty, Sky Watch,
Window Views, Weekend Reflections, & Haiku Friday



1. "Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities."
Aldous Huxley


2. I enjoy checking out the Tuesday evening 'street fair' in downtown Huntington Beach on Tuesday evenings 'just for the JOY of it ... stopping to watch & listen to the entertainers who share their talents.





Click any image to embiggen for better viewing ...

3. "Happiness is never stopping to think if you are."
Palmer Sondreal


4. This bear outside of the Rocky Mt. Chocolate Factory always makes me smile. I love his t-shirt too.




5. "If you want to be happy, be." Leo Tolstoy

6. On Tuesday I purchased this new t-shirt for myself in the HB Store on the pier. I love the color and the logo ... just because.



7. This 'vendor' posed for a photo ... my sister & I each purchased a loaf of Jalapeño Cheese bread from him just for the JOY of it! Unfortunately MY loaf has no jalapeños so I plan to freeze it to thaw and return NEXT week for one with jalapeños.



8. "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet." James Openheim


9. These little birds sitting on the wire against the clear blue sky made me happy when I noticed them sitting there.




10. I don't really like wind much at all, but I did find the views of palm trees fascinating the past few days.



11. Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. ~ John Barrymore


12. Sunrise is my favorite time of day and these views are from Wednesday ... taken from my front yard.


I love the way the light shines through the windows
for just a couple of minutes.



Click to embiggen for better viewing ...

13. "Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it." Jacques Prévert

Kewl reflections in
the curved rear window of my
old Ford Explorer

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life — happiness, freedom, and peace of mind — are always attained by giving them to someone else."
Peyton Conway March

40 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Are those didgeridoos? Coolness.

Mia Celeste said...

I love quote number five about being happy if you want. Thanks.

Journeywoman said...

Great pictures and quotes. Happy TT.

Heather said...

Love the quotes by Prévert and Barrymore - and the view from your yard. The only view I have is of a parking lot.

My post

Gemma Wiseman said...

Sky lights and window lights combine to make a cosy sense of home and beauty! Lovely collection of photos and quotes!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

love the quotes and pictures! You make me want to get my camera back out!

Here is mine if you'd like to pop by. Hope to see you soon.

Sassy
:)

jillconyers said...

All street fairs look the same. Balloon guy, overstuffed bear in a t-shirt, street band...fun times! I miss Huntington Beach!

Added a few of your quotes to my collection.

My T13 is here http://jillconyers.typepad.com/life_as_i_see_it/

Hootin Anni said...

Well Ms. V....you've really made your week's entry VERY enjoyable. Now, hold on, I'll be there in a jiffy so I can go with you to buy some of that bread...WITH the jalapenos and cheese!!!


Here's my 13 for fun this week. Come over and laugh a time or two. I always enjoy the company-- Have a great day!!

CountryDew said...

I liked the palm tree photo, having come off of several months of cold and snow! The palms look heavenly!

My TT is at http://bluecountrymagic.blogspot.com.

Akelamalu said...

You got some lovely shots there m'deario. I love the one of the bread vendor - his smile is so sunny!

I am Harriet said...

Wonderful list. My brother use to live in Huntington Beach.


Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/did-you-know-that-nearly-16-percent-of-the-u-s-population-has-genital-herpes-need-a-plug-in/

Janet said...

I visited the Huntington Beach area back in the late 90s to visit an old friend...loved it there!

i beati said...

all would do it for me too..sandy

Ginny Hartzler said...

What fun, varied pictures! I do adore the bear and would like him for myself! He's different than other bears, and how I love the T-Shirt! Mr. Balloon man is colorful, as well, with all those balloons attached to his waist. Curved reflections are a new take, very neat! Wish I could go!

Unknown said...

Thanks for starting my day with a smile. Fun post and as always, fabulous photos. Happy T13!

Carol said...

Beautiful skies and quotes!

Diane AZ said...

So many delightful images! The palm trees look so tall from that view and also the sweet birds on the wire resemble musical notes. I love how you captured the sunlight shining in the house.

Jamie said...

Looks like you had a great time with your camera! It really makes me feel that I must find some sort of local street fair/market here very quickly. :)

Stopping by from Just For The Joy of It!

Sharon said...

I'm always so impressed how you find (with your eyes, mind and camera) the simple things that bring delight. I love to remember the moments, just like you're doing here. It warms the cockles of my heart!

(I have no idea how to spell cockles!)

Sylvia K said...

Love your beautiful early morning skies! The colors are so beautiful! Wonderful captures! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Melissa Mashburn said...

I enjoyed the pictures and quotes and I even played with the kitty

Amanda Moore said...

I love to see those puffy white clouds in the reflection of you car window I can almost touch them!

Dianne said...

the street fair looks like so much fun
beautiful skies too

Carletta said...

Your sky shots are beautiful!
Really cool reflections!!!
I loved that bear and I want his
t-shirt. :)

James said...

These are all very nice pictures. The palm trees look like they are getting blown by the wind.

Hilda said...

What a great collection of photos! I love the big ol' bear and your photo for Weekend Reflections is perfect.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful series of photos! The street fair looks like fun and I lvoe the T shirt. Your skies are looking beautiful.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Wind whipping palm trees,
why so furious today?
Who has angered you?

My bright blue sky

Ebie said...

Just stopping by to tell you we will be in Huntington Beach later this afternoon.

Unknown said...

G'day ~ So enjoyed your thoughts that are provoking ... what a wonderful day you had.

Happy St. Patrick's Day
Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Americanising Desi said...

awesome! awesome! awesome!
Down Down and Dump

Kat said...

Great post! I'm here from Weekend Reflections, but I'm so enjoying all of your photos and words. My favorite is the birds on the wire - I had the same thought as Diane, musical notes! Kathy

Rambling Woods said...

i really like this one...
"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet." James Openheim

Jeanne said...

Love places like this. Northampton, my hometown and one of the spots I show frequently on my blog has a very rich artist population. In nice weather it's wonderful to wander downtown and listen to street musicians and looks at various items made by local artisans. Looks like it was a beautiful sunny day too!

Carver said...

I always enjoy street fairs and that's great living somewhere that they are an ongoing event. I enjoyed all the shots and the quotes are great.

Linnea said...

Nice selections once again. I'm so glad it's daylight savings time again... More ops for skywatching!

LadyFi said...

A lovely nourishing post with great quotes and beautiful photos.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

HRG: What a neat look at a Summer activity for us.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely post, your evening fair looks like great fun! i love the sunset colours, the palm trees and the reflections too

Karen said...

Such lovely photos! And it's really start to sink in--happiness is a choice--a moment by moment choice. In every great drama/meltdown/depression, there is always a moment early on, when one could have pivoted and choice happiness...

Related Posts with Thumbnails