has asked bloggers to share Yard Art on Thursdays …
Lots of people who live near the beach
in Southern California ‘decorate’ their yards
(often in unique ways) so I’ll have a steady supply!
Here’s MY third contribution …
(click here for my first & second
at Happily Retired Gal)
None is from my yard!
in downtown Huntington Beach
Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in Yard Art on Thursdays
2. Temperatures today here at the beach were in the low 80s and people were all over the place ... sunning themselves on the sand, surfing, playing volleyball, walking on the pier, fishing and celebrating St. Paddy's Day downtown ... just for the JOY of it.
3. Not only was the weather cooperative, skies were so clear that we could see the snow on the mountains in the distance from the pier.
4. "The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
5. A few pelicans were hanging around the pier and this handsome fellow put on quite an entertaining display ... just for the JOY of it. I'm always amazed at how BIG these birds are.
6. The 'bread vendor' (see #7 in last week's post if you missed him) was happy to give me a loaf of cheese bread WITH jalapeños when I told him of the missing jalapeños in last week's loaf ... there aren't a LOT of them, but it IS tasty.
7. "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." H. Jackson Browne
9. I like my new Sony Vaio notebook very much and am delighted that the 'Vista' versions of software I own seems to run just fine in the Windows 7 environment on this 64-bit machine.
10. "Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."
11. Tomorrow is the last day of my 'Digital Media' class in this session. Next week I begin a Windows 7 class ... just for the JOY of it! After class I'll be driving to Laguna Beach with friends around 11:15am to enjoy lunch and a play at the Laguna Playhouse. Life is good ;-)
12. Aren't these two labs adorable ... sleeping together (just for the JOY of it) as they wait patiently for their person downtown?
13. There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life — happiness, freedom, and peace of mind — are always attained by giving them to someone else. Peyton Conway March
and for others participating in
Just for the Joy of It
"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic."