Mellow Yellow Monday is in the next post
Scroll down for Random Tuesday Thoughts
and Outdoor Wednesday
The first neighborhood view is
straight out of the camera ...
and the next five have been modified with the
Watercolor filter in Photoshop Elements
participating in Ruby Tuesday, Window Views, and My World
Click for others sharing Random Tuesday Thoughts
2. The cool damp air confounds me because my recollections of the last few weeks of school is of HOT SUNNY weather at the beginning of June with gloomy skies once school's out mid-month ... something that always seemed a bit ironic to me.
3. I created and published the 'photo part' of this post yesterday afternoon and am adding a few thoughts this morning because I've not participated in RTT for a couple of months ... (since April 23rd here at Small Reflections actually) ... so taking a bit of time for 'catch up' seems like a good idea.
3. The French Open Tennis Championship ended this weekend so I won't be watching tennis until Wimbledon begins later this month on June 21st. I was hoping for a 3 set women's final on Saturday, but Francesca Schiavone became the first Italian woman to win at Roland Garros ever when she defeated Australian Samantha Stosur in a competitive two-set match ... 6-4, 7-6. Order was restored as Rafa Nadal defeated Robin Soderling in straight sets (6-4, 6-2, 6-4). He takes over the #1 spot and is likely to stay there since he has no almost points to defend for the rest of the year. Roger Federer becomes #2 and has his work cut out for him to stay there since he has lots of points to defend from 2009. Rafa and Roger could meet in the 2010 final for the 3rd time.
4. I thoroughly enjoyed the delightful new 'wildlife' style documentary created by French film-maker Thomas Balmes entitled BABIES and highly recommend it.
5. If you live in California (or any of the other eleven States having a Primary Election today) and haven't done so already, be sure to go to the polls and ...
brightening the neighborhood
beautiful color ...
Click to embiggen for better viewing and
forothers participating in Outdoor Wednesday
"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary." Thomas Carruthers