is in the next post ...
2. Yesterday I spent an hour or so deleting a few photos from previous posts (and from Picasa) to free up space to upload more. It seems that posting so many photographs and mosaics (in the LARGE format without resizing them) for the past two years wasn't the wisest choice. Who knew? Live & learn, right?
3. It's a 'short-term' fix, but it's the best I can do at the moment. I appreciate Carver suggesting Photobucket as an alternative and I plan to check into that when time permits. For now, I've discovered I can upload pictures to my WordPress account then copy & paste them here ... and that makes me wonder if I could do something similar with Blogger using a different email account? Methinks I'll explore that possibility too ...
4. Apparently Monday's Digital Media class won't meet due to Lincoln's birthday so we only have one more session. Note to self: Avoid M-W classes in January & February from now on. In addition to Monday holidays, there was a rain cancellation and two Staff Development days. Out of 12 scheduled classes, we met 7 times ... yet paid the same fee that T-Th classes paid. It hardly seems fair does it? Such is life ...
5. Yesterday afternoon I met a friend from High School for a late lunch at Mimi's Cafe in Long Beach and enjoyed 'catching up' with her. We commiserated about turning 65 this month and all the Medicare 'sign-up' challenges ... and we've both got our fingers crossed that there will be no unforseen glitches before our 'cards' arrive in the mail. Her birthday is the 12th and mine is the 23rd.
6. When I turned on my cell phone this morning I discovered a message from my sister (left last night while I was in class) suggesting we get together today ... and since she & her husband plan to hit the road mid-March, methinks I'll do that because maximizing our time together makes sense.
7. Does anyone but me think it's strange that Starbucks doesn't keep 'decaf' brewed in the afternoon? They'll MAKE a pot if you ask ... and they say it only takes 4 minutes ... but somehow it strikes me as odd. I make 'half-cafe' in the morning at home, but switch to decaf after 11:00 or so because I like sleeping at night.
8. While I'm on the subject of Starbucks, I'm frustrated about the changes to their 'Gold Card' system. I liked getting 10% off all purchases ... especially when buying coffee beans and/or gifts. Now they want to provide free internet access (something I'm not likely to use ever) instead and award customers a 'star' each time a purchase is made (not based on what you spend, but on the number of visits). In addition (according to the gal at my local store), unless I 'load' the card with money in advance, the 'swipes' don't register at all! These changes seem wrong ... and methinks I may switch to Peet's in protest.
9. I just called my sister to see what she has in mind for today ... and she's going to call me back around 9-ish after they return from her husband's appointment with the doctor ... so that will give me time to finish & publish this post (if I can keep myself focused), take Molly for a walk, and get myself ready to connect ... possibly for breakfast and whatever comes next. Guess blog visits (and photo upload research) will have to wait until tonight (or tomorrow). Perhaps I'll drop my camera & lens off at the shop on the way home this afternoon?
10. I suppose it may rain today so doing something indoors makes sense ... though the weather forecast was 'off' for Monday through Wednesday so there are no guarantees about the rest of the week's predictions, right?
13. I wonder if we'll still be able to 'click to embiggen' these images? Guess I'll need to check THAT out too. So ... I've come to the end of the lollipop (so to speak) and it's time to wish you all a wonderful Thursday!
"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory." Ralph Waldo Emerson