Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blue Monday, OSI & Pet Pride - Molly's Blue

Make Time for Small Reflections
Thanks to Sweetest in the Gale for this week's OSI prompt, blue.

Molly visits this
little blue house every time
I let her out front


As I've shared before
this is where her friend Jenke
lived for sev'ral years.
Often no one's home
but occasionally the new
neighbors have the door

open and invite
Molly in to check things out.
Of course, Jenke's not

there any longer,
but that doesn't keep Molly
from checking again.
She misses her friend
and isn't ready just yet
to give up her hope

that the two will play
together again the way
they did frequently

Click to embiggen images for better viewing
and for others participating in
Blue Monday, One Single Impression, and Pet Pride.

In case you missed it, my previous post features Ms. Kitty & Rusty, the 'beastie from the next block' for Camera Critters.
In addition it contains two versions of 'a friendship award mosaic' I created and wish to share with all who visit and comment.


Thought for Today

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet." James Openheim

32 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, it looks like Molly really misses her friend! How touching that she continues to hope! Happy weekend...Debbie

Sylvia K said...

Molly does look as though she misses her friend -- and some people think dogs don't have expressions! And, yes, it is touching that she continues to hope!

Love your words for the day!

Sylvia

Carolyn Ford said...

That is sweet. Very nice photos of our Molly and her quest to remain loyal to her friends.

Deborah Godin said...

There's something so deeply touching about this. Not just that she still remembers and misses her friend, but that she feels this 'human' emotion, yet no human can explain to her what's happened...

Annie Bear said...

Lovely post and poor, sweet Molly!

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Purrs,

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

aww, that is so sweet but also kinda sad that Molly looks for her friend. It is nice that the new neighbours let her in still though.:-)

Dianne said...

there is so much evidence around that animals form strong bonds and have real, deep feelings

give Molly a hug for me

I hope a new friend moves close by soon

George said...

I think it is touching that Molly still goes looking for her friend.

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Hi Molly,
if you feel lonesome I know a good place where you could find new friends as I do.

Yours Elliott
( I'm very much alike the Petpride logo fellow).

SmilingSally said...

Dogs are quite intelligent, and I'm certain that she's hoping to see her friend. Happy Blue Monday.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Nice that your neighbors allow Molly in. Even our pets have feelings and I'm glad the neighbors recognize that. Happy Blue Monday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Cezar and Léia said...

Molly is so beautiful and a good friend
Happy pet pride
purrs and love
Luna

Akelamalu said...

Poor Molly must be confused wondering where her friend is. :(

I love the photographs of them playing together.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Poor Molly. It's a shame she can no longer visit her playmate. I love the photos you captured of the two of them at play. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Tammie Lee said...

This is a fun take on blue. Gosh friends forever, even if they never see one another again. Your photos show the story.

SandyCarlson said...

I know how it is to be unable to let go.

The Write Girl said...

I love your photos of Molly. She is very cute. That's such an inviting house with the blue door. Thanks for sharing.

Jim said...

Hi S.T, I liked this version the best! Poor Molly, she really does miss her friend.
..

magiceye said...

hey molly... come on over and lets all pray for jenke's soul!


bozo
Pet Pride

jabblog said...

Awwww, poor Molly. It's nice that the new neighbours are friendly though. I love the quality of these photos, especially the first - they look like paintings.

Patti said...

That is beautifully poignant...it is so hard to let go regardless... Thanks for visiting my site- please stop by again soon!

Geraldine said...

What a sweet interpretion of the Blue prompt, loved it.

We just lost our beloved Mitzi a couple of weeks ago (tribute on my blog). I can't believe it yet....

Hugs and take care, G

Unknown said...

I love the midair shots! How fun!

Tumblewords: said...

Poor Molly. Nice that she can still visit the home where her friend lived. The action and play shots are wonderful!

Kathy W said...

aww these are such sweet photo's of Molly. I kinda miss having dogs around. LOL all we have now are cats.

Laufa said...

Poor Molly, she is lonely.
Great picture story.

RA said...

I think it's wonderful that your new neighbors let Molly in to search for her friend. Poor, girl! I hope she'll make some good new friends soon. Have a great day :)

Janie said...

Molly and my Daisy share a remarkable resemblance. I'm sure they'd have fun on a play date.

Lilli & Nevada said...

I think she misses her good friend, what a wonderful friend she is.

Carla said...

Lovely quote:) What a bittersweet post:) Very blue...

sgreerpitt said...

How sad for Molly to have lost her friend; dogs have memory too.

Shirley said...

What a sweet post to a wonderful doggy friend. I believe they remember things as well as we do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails