1. I'm a lucky woman to have the leisure time to do this 'blogging' thing as I choose ... on my own terms. I realize that if I didn't leave such lengthy comments, I could visit more blogs and stay more current ... but methinks it wouldn't be as satisfying for me.
2. I'm relieved that my Google Reader no longer has 1000+ unread messages when I log in. Currently it averages 200-250 most days, only occasionally reaching more than 300. I've learned to conserve time & energy and keep 'in touch' by reading multiple posts and commenting on several all at once ... and I'm most appreciative of those who make their entire posts available in 'readers' rather than simply a title and/or teaser. I recognize that most believe this wouldn't help their 'stats,' but (for my part), I'm much more likely to click onto a blog when I have something to contribute than simply to see what might be there ... especially when time is crunched.
3. Writing responses to everyone here on my blog takes time, thought, and energy ... and perhaps go unseen for the most part since I never really know who sees (and actually checks) Blogger's box to receive follow up comments in email.
4. I apologize to my readers (who actually read my responses here) for falling behind on them (especially those who commented on Fun Monday of July 21st addressing Irish Coffeehouse's questions on 'the pursuit of dreams' ... I've resisted taking the 'easier route' of leaving a single response to all ... am working on those a bit at a time & will publish them soon), however I'm doing my best to stay current and fully intend to respond eventually for my own reasons, whether or not anyone else sees them.
5. If I didn't opt to check the little box myself when I leave comments on the blogs of others (and/or use co.mments.com to follow conversations) my email box wouldn't have 500+ unread messages in it each day to go through, however I'm not yet ready to give up the practice.
6. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my new laptop that allows me to sit on my patio like this ... musing while enjoying the cool morning temperatures and the lovely view. I'm grateful for the handy outside electrical outlet nearby that permits me to plug in when the screen dims to conserve battery life. Actually, that's the only annoying thing about my new Dell 1720 Inspiron and I'm hoping they'll come up with a 'fix' sometime soon. I did learn recently that pressing the up arrow while holding the Fn key down brightens the screen when it dims ... but as the battery runs down, that becomes less effective.
7. As I indicated in yesterday's posts here at Small Reflections and the one I left at Sacred Ruminations ... I'm surprised by all I've accomplished since becoming a blogger about 9 months ago. Today's post is #296 on this blog (502 overall) ... more than one a day (since I started 283 days ago) ... although these posts are spread over 3 blogs. I'm looking forward to celebrating my Blogoversary in 83 days (366 days after I started due to Leap Year).
8. I've enjoyed the Weekly Activities like T-13, Wordless Wednesday (though mine are sometimes not so wordless), HoTs, Fun Monday, Unconscious Mutterings, Camera Critters, Smiley Saturday, Haiku Fridays, One Single Impression, Slice of Life, Pensieve's poetic challenges, and others (see links in sidebar) for the people I've met and the way they've STRETCHED me to try new things & tackle topics I might not have thought of.
9. The various 'memes' ... Blogthings & Quizzes ... photo related activities ... spontaneous poetic posts ... gratitude & 'really good things' pieces ... and challenges from Mimi Lennox provided opportunity for personal exploration and sharing, and I'm grateful for them all.
10. Striving for balance (in real life & this virtual world) remains an on-going challenge ... as does maintaining some focus as I clarify & redefine why I blog. I value my relationships in both worlds ... and remain open to whatever comes next for me as I consider various options. I'm grateful for the 'hiatus' from my Photoshop Elements classes ... surprised at how busy this week has been even without them ... am tackling tasks one at a time ... re-prioritizing as needed each day ... doing the best I can ... telling myself it's enough.
11. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy knowing others enjoy what I share? Readership wasn't really on my mind when I started and doesn't take up much of my thinking even today. I'd never looked at a blog before Kara showed me hers and explained how to set one up on Blogger. My purpose was (and remains) getting comfortable with sharing what I write with others rather than simply writing for myself. Although I have Sitemeter installed on the first two blogs, I almost never look at it and I have no clue how to check Feedburner stats. I am, however, always surprised & delighted to discover people have dropped by and left me comments. I enjoy reading & responding to them ... and endeavor to see what 'they see' when I look at my blogs.
12. Visiting the blogs of others enriches my 'virtual life' ... expands my view of what's possible in this 'online world' ... introduces me to new ways of seeing & being and a host of resources available on the Internet. I enjoy the wide variety of blogs and the many perspectives represented among bloggers I've encountered. Narrowing down the number of blogs I look at in Google Reader remains an on-going challenge, though as I mentioned above ... I'm learning how to manage my time a bit better as I strive to remain current.
13. Hmmm ... I started writing this about 2 hours ago (about 7:15 this morning) after sleeping in later than usual (most likely catching up from being overly tired) ... because I could. I apologize for publishing much later than usual, but it's been pleasant interacting with Molly and passersby and it's good to feel 'relaxed' rather than rushed today. I look forward to seeing what others have shared as I make my rounds ... and I wish you all a delightful day.
For easy access, I’ve listed more T-13 links along with the Thursday Thirteen Blogroll at My Blog Rolls.